• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rally Pics, or... The old fart golf cart race

So Ian, are you going to try the Lolo Trail on your way back? Or is it still snowed in?

Great shots! Have a good ride back.

hey guys, thanks.

i am in the woods southwest of the rally, riding for a few days.

i was going to go to the MotoGP this coming weekend, but the news in the Pro MX world is that Kevin Windham will be riding the factory Honda for the injured Davi Millsaps. Next race is Washougal, WA.... just outside of Portland.

From Washington, i think i'm going back through eastern OR, ID, UT, CO and NM before slabbing it back to ATL.

Would anyone like to have two General Admission tix to the MotoGP and a two-night camping pass on Fox Hill (MC only) ???

ian

oh, yeah...

the rally canon rocked.

949627702_9vxwB-X2.jpg

Last edited:
i am on a hunt for "younger members."

one thing for sure, they're not riding around here on RRs.

interestingly, there aren't many RRs here, period.

Now, come on:doh:doh Look at the pictures of the people and what they do with the bikes. Then you should know why there isn't anyone (or aren't many) riding around on an RR at a MOA rally. BMW tried to address a different customer segment.
Or do you expect them to put handlebar risers, footpeg lowering kits, windshield extenders and aluminum cases on their RRs..:brow:stick

Now, come on:doh:doh Look at the pictures of the people and what they do with the bikes. Then you should know why there isn't anyone (or aren't many) riding around on an RR at a MOA rally. BMW tried to address a different customer segment.
Or do you expect them to put handlebar risers, footpeg lowering kits, windshield extenders and aluminum cases on their RRs..:brow:stick

...or sidecars... :D

Anti-Concours Awards Ceremony

Here are some of the award recipients on the podium for the Anti-Concours bike judging. I was not able to ge the "Hexhead" winners as I was up on the podium posing with the winners as a judge. If someone has any photos of that segment please post them!

940888754_7vDSf-M.jpg

940888947_jg3iU-M.jpg

940889009_72gkf-M.jpg

940889077_5BGik-M.jpg

940889144_hWdvh-M.jpg

940889314_GMtJm-M.jpg

940889357_mMzMU-M.jpg

940889600_VKRxq-M.jpg

940889838_hzDuy-M.jpg

940889957_H5r7x-M.jpg

940890169_Kxvec-M.jpg

940890296_jonG8-M.jpg

940890509_qvqSV-M.jpg

940890627_WfUJt-M.jpg

940890748_RvwbR-M.jpg

940890870_HkET4-M.jpg

940891084_Txmeb-M.jpg

940891197_J9Gmc-M.jpg

940891303_UZ2jq-M.jpg

940891414_2y8RM-M.jpg

Favorite ride home from Redmond pic

Here is a shot of my GS near Mt. St. Helens on Sunday afternoon.

940949593_eVQzg-L.jpg

Here is the long shot of it

940951067_egKXe-M.jpg

-Sirby

Here are some of the award recipients on the podium for the Anti-Concours bike judging.
I was not able to ge the "Hexhead" winners as I was up on the podium posing with the winners as a judge.
If someone has any photos of that segment please post them!

Damn Dude!
Can't you just link to the folder those are in like Voni and I did.

That really slows down the thread.
Yeah I have highspeed... But the bandwidth is still huge.

~ Just sayin'...

And that is the poster's choice, I myself really don't mind one way or the other, Ian.
:wave

Thank to all who have posted their shots, in whatever format. :clap

guess it depends on your preferences, but i like the pics embedded.

Don't get me wrong... So do I...
All you need to do is look at the Free Association thread to see that.

Perhaps it's the 13(+/-) images in one post that dogs it down... I dunno.
Nonetheless, my concerns are just as valid as yours.

It is easy for me to fix though... :brow

>click<

guess it depends on your preferences, but i like the pics embedded.

+1

I never click through links to look at photos. I'm always dumped into some giant gallery with no idea what the OP thinks is worthwhile.

Here are some of the award recipients on the podium for the Anti-Concours bike judging. I was not able to ge the "Hexhead" winners as I was up on the podium posing with the winners as a judge. If someone has any photos of that segment please post them!

um, I think that post would have been more effective with 2 or 3 shots. You loose your audience when you do an unedited camera dump.

but i like the pics embedded.

Me as well - hate clicking links and having to deal with new cookies, scripts, login requirements, etc.

That said, I truly appreciate all the photos posted - embedded and linked!

Last edited:
Back