• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Salem,OR..:)

Polarbear

Polarbear
Its our turn again, West Coasters! A 2nd turn at Oregon in very recent times is very neat. Not much chat here, but it needs some:). The BIG Rally will be in our backyards again and many will be needed to step up, chat it up, bring all those Easterner Brethren our way again. Many are already pooping on our 2nd rally in Oregon, so soon! Ever so misguided, imo. Opposite sides of the Cascades, these two rallies, Redmond vs. Salem2013. No comparison, imo. One year out, no biggie, as my time flies the older I get and these come very quick. Join me and prepare way ahead. Randy:thumb GSA1200, avid adventure on dirt:):thumb

All anyone needs to do is compare high temperatures in both locations during this years rally and ask "where would I rather ride" we may get our first 90 degree day of the year in Portland this coming friday.

So sweet:)

As a long time traveller of the NW, I cannot see Salem failing in this regard. Temps will be sweet indeed. I met the Salem City contingent in Sedalia, we spoke it up some and they seem jazzed we're coming. They should be and were very nice folks, representing their City. They were just inside the Rally Country Store, about first folks you saw walking in the a/c'd building. We're gonna place Oregon on the MOAMAP again soon, 2013July. Ya'll bring out the FINE NW hospitality once again. Happy Trails, Randy"Polarbear"GSA1200. Dirt, you bet:):thumb

Rally

Im hoping to come out on my new GSA; 2070 miles one way if I can swing it at work, Im figuring it will take me four days to get there and four to get home, I dont like to ride on the superslab but I might have to to make this one!

Im hoping to come out on my new GSA; 2070 miles one way if I can swing it at work, Im figuring it will take me four days to get there and four to get home, I dont like to ride on the superslab but I might have to to make this one!
Better to take your time to be safe. We'll be waiting for ya!

I've been waiting for the BMW ralley to get to the west coast and now that it's coming, I still might not make it. I'll be going up to Alaska in June and plan to be in Salem, Or. for the ralley, but the more I read about the great Northwest and what to see and do, I might be up there all summer. After all, if I spend the money (at these gas prices) to get up there, I might as well see and do everything I can while there. So I hope to see everybody in Salem, but if not, just know that I'm busy being happy.:dance

.... I'll be going up to After all, if I spend the money (at these gas prices) to get up there, I might as well see and do everything I can while there. So I hope to see everybody in Salem, but if not, just know that I'm busy being happy.:dance

Local WA gas prices today $3.10 at Costco, $3.39 at local Shell station... Summertime could differ.

Go for it!

-Sirby

I'm very new to the Bmw, just bought my first road bike in 25 years this past fall, rode about 1500 miles and am excited to start a new chapter in life of riding with the wife. We live just about 100 miles south of Salem and know the area well, there are a lot of very senic and twisty roads near by. I have taveled all over the west and am proud to calll the Willamattee Valley home, just 60 miles to the Cascade mountians and about the same to the pacific ocean. We will be there to help as we can with the ralley and hope to get to know a few riders from Oregon to adventure with. Also if there is information on a Oregon BMW riding club would like to know who to contact. Bruce

Bruce,

Try the BMW Riders or Oregon, MOA club#83. Info on thier activiites and contact info can be found at thier website, http://bmwro.org/. Great group, you'll enjoy being part of the club.
Look forward to seeing you in Salem.

Bruce, the Riders of Oregon web page is a bit out of date, but you can find them on Facebook too.

The Oregon bubba's put on a rally in John Day, usually in June I think. Camp at the fairgrounds on the north end of town. Grew up there, now I'm gonna have to go back and ride . . .

Back