• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bloomsburg University Apartment Cancellation policy

1mikec

Be Aware!
The Bloomsburg University Apartment Cancellation policy is HARSH!

It is as follows:
6 months before event……………….............…………………………100% refund
Less than 6 months and up to 3 months before event……….50% refund
Less than 3 months and up to 1 month before event………..25% refund
Anytime less than 1 month before event………...........……… NO REFUND

Be sure you're going before sending them any money.
To verify this you can call: 570-389-4112 at the campus.
If enough people complain maybe they'll change it.

Last edited:
Why would you expect them to change it? The only change I can see that would be reasonable is - no charge except processing fees IF they can re-rent the rooms. It isn't like they're charging a whole lot for what sound like very nice facilities...

Hi deilenberger,
You're probably correct, they won't change it.
I agree that their prices are good.

I just wanted everyone to be aware before sending in $100 to $600 or more.
There's NO MENTION of it on the reservation form.

Why would you expect them to change it? The only change I can see that would be reasonable is - no charge except processing fees IF they can re-rent the rooms. It isn't like they're charging a whole lot for what sound like very nice facilities...

The price might be good, but the cancellation fees are harsh. However, they are state schools and they aren't supposed to compete with local business, so I guess there has to be some disincentive to keep everyone from staying at the school.

Living in the altered reality of a non-profit organization can be mighty confusing at times.

I sent them $560 and willingly accepted the risk, along with my friends who plan to share the apartment with me. This is one housing option, though every chain motel I contacted several weeks back had no vacancies during rally time.

What's the cancellation policy for the free camp space on site? Oh, wait, it's free.............guess I'll be tenting!

The suites do look tempting, and depending on the weather it might be nice to have someplace dry to go as well as having a semi-private bathroom. Just not sure you get the full Rally experiance when you stay off site.

Either way, looks to be a fun weekend, looking forward to seeing so many club members right here in PA. I just converted a buddy of mine from his HD to a K1200GT, so one less Harley and another couple will be attending at Bloomsburg!

>I just converted a buddy of mine from his HD to a K1200GT, so one less Harley and >another couple will be attending at Bloomsburg!
Good job...my experience is that H-D converts can be like former smokers...they are the first to complain about loud pipes:)

I would like to have had a more lenient refund policy, but on the positive side..the price is good and the apartments are very nice.

Be Aware!
The Bloomsburg University Apartment Cancellation policy is HARSH!

It is as follows:
6 months before event.............100% refund
Less than 6 months and up to 3 months before event.50% refund
Less than 3 months and up to 1 month before event..25% refund
Anytime less than 1 month before event........... NO REFUND

Be sure you're going before sending them any money.
To verify this you can call: 570-389-4112 at the campus.
If enough people complain maybe they'll change it.

Maybe a little perspective ??

Want a more lenient refund policy - book at the Ramada, Holiday Inn etc.

Want a spectacular housing deal, but with a more strict refund policy - book at the college.

Should one expect it both ways ?? price & refund Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Bokrijder

Hd -gt

>I just converted a buddy of mine from his HD to a K1200GT, so one less Harley and >another couple will be attending at Bloomsburg!
Good job...my experience is that H-D converts can be like former smokers...they are the first to complain about loud pipes:)

Always have had HD's and BMW's never liked loud pipes but always Hated people who thought the main road was a race track.:bikes

Totally Agree with Zig-Zag

AND my wife & I will be on the Road Glide at the Rally. Odd that a rally chair
would include a remark about a very fine "other" motorcycle. Motorcycle
Consumer Digest found that the largest dual brand ownership was in fact
the owners of BMW & H-D. Many of us include even other brands: and ALL
of them can be quiet or loud; just like those folks camping OR staying in dorm
lodging:blush

Mod hat on/

Let's try to keep the original topic about the University apartments policy going here please.

All bikes are welcome and most of us lightly rib each other but we mean well.

Mod hat off/

The intention of my original post wasn't to condemn the university.
I was just trying to make sure everyone was informed.
I think itÔÇÖs a great deal as long as all goes as planned.

Mike C

Back