• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Beauty In A Land Less Traveled

B

BobMielke

I took a 400 mile ride today along Washington's Highway 14. Not all motorcycle roads need to be twisty, curvy tests of one's manhood. I ride for the raw beauty of the land less traveled. High desert can be unforgiving yet starkly radiant to behold. The weather changed from overcast & drizzling to clear vibrant blue skies & puffy clouds. What a perfect day!

392573465_oh4u6-L.jpg

392573140_3WNf2-L.jpg

392573035_YsBAJ-L.jpg

beautiful photos... i've ridden that road.

and you're right... not all good riding is super twisty.

thank you for posting.

ian

Bob,

We have to do a swap. I'll come out and ride in Washington and you come here and ride the Adirondacks and Vermont. :laugh

I think it would be nearly an even swap Paul. I lived in New Jersey for 3 years and know the Northeast is beautiful in the Fall. I was born & raised in the St. Louis area with the Ozark Mountains, Fall leaves & twisty roads. There are plenty of great places to ride in our country. What makes the Pacific Northwest so special is that it hasn't been spoil by mankind's polution. Oregonians plan to keep it that way too.

Thanks for posting

I was out that way on Saturday and I was reluctant to post, as I had no photos. It was very nice as your pictures show.
B

Back