• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Renew the shine to black plastic pieces? Any ideas?

Over the years I have tried everything.

My product of choice for things like system cases, etc is Pit Spit

If you don't have pig, then buy this
i-LfsLPxq.jpg

Oh ya.......It works!

I don't think there is a permanent solution. ArmorAll and similar products work for a few weeks. ICE wax (from Turtle wax) works on both the black and painted plastics, but seems to develop a slight haze after a couple months, easily renewed. I applied 303 Aerospace protectant last fall, washed the bike a couple times since, still looks pretty good. Much of that time was spent in the garage, so I'm not yet ready to pass judgement on 303.

A few months ago, I applied Back to Black on multiple locations of 2003 R1150RS that had begun to "haze".

Works great at restoring the "blackness" and I have yet to see any degrading of the finish.

Looks better than it ever did since I bought the bike in 2010 (from Ventura, California).

+1 on 303 Aerospace Protectant.

They also make a "Patio Furniture Cleaner" that works really well on cast aluminum.

s7_018929_001_01

Auto Armor makes a product called Black Fusion. I use it on used cars and it works great and will last for years.

I'm not spending $20 to make black plastic shine! Wally world has a end shelf display of that magic TV stuff right now if you want to read the can,etc.. I do use the (I think it's Stoners from Wally world?) spray can detailer when on a shine up effort. It doesn't really shine a lot but leaves a "new look" & good for removing the white stuff residuals from a polish job on adjoining painted surfaces.

I have used this for years...

http://www.lexol.com/category_vinylex.aspx

This product works very well. It will restore the appearance of weathered plastic but will also protect it over the years. I have seen extended use of Armor All cause dashboard cracking over time. I would never use Armor All on anything I owned when there are products like Vinylex.

Scot

http://www.lexol.com/category_vinylex.aspx

This product works very well. It will restore the appearance of weathered plastic but will also protect it over the years. I have seen extended use of Armor All cause dashboard cracking over time. I would never use Armor All on anything I owned when there are products like Vinylex.

Scot
Not defending Armourall but it isnt the same "goop" as we know from years ago. It's now a brand name with many products not all are the milky crap you are thinking about.

All Purpose cleaner

Lemon Spray PLEDGE (furniture polish, sold in all stores, mother approved (LOL) )
clean windscreen, mirrors, dissolves bugs
restores plastic parts...
helmet parts
cleans and shines.
OK for leather as well.

cheap
and it smells good!

You can use a product called Black Jack. It restored my old beat up Krauser bags.

Cal Garcia
Suches, GA

Back