• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Help in Portland Oregon

2wheeledfaith

I'm supposed to be leaving for Alaska tomorrow and the "Brake Failure" light came on on my 2013 R1200 GSA hex head.
My riding partner is flying up and landing at PDX at 1:15. Our plan was to put our gear and head out right away and make the Canadian border by nightfall. As it turns out the low beam on his 2009 GS just burned out and that need replacing too.
Anyone in the Portland area that could help would be appreciated.

Bruce
714-658-6400

I'm supposed to be leaving for Alaska tomorrow and the "Brake Failure" light came on on my 2013 R1200 GSA hex head.
My riding partner is flying up and landing at PDX at 1:15. Our plan was to put our gear and head out right away and make the Canadian border by nightfall. As it turns out the low beam on his 2009 GS just burned out and that need replacing too.
Anyone in the Portland area that could help would be appreciated.

Bruce
714-658-6400

Check your ABS sensor cables, especially the front one. Make sure it isn't touching the rotor.

Just saw your reply. I had checked it and readjusted it and the light is off now. Thanks

You may want to check that the cable is worn through and wrap it in electrical tape. I had it happen to me on the way to Crescent City going up through Crater Lake. Good luck on your trip.

Back