• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Texas is in the hizzouse!

U

USERNAME

welcome to your regional forum!

this is where YOU can start planning your own rides and meet ups with those near you. you will also see club events springing up from time to time in your region, and they will be discussed here.

look for great things from the MOA, and create great things yourself. it's your club - make it happen!

:thumb

Excellent...now we can have a Salty Dog Rally for the heat loving group amongst us. :whistle

Don't really know where to put this, so I'll just post up here to say hello (just joined MOA last month)

SullyTX - Annual Texas BMW clubs ride and lunch at Temple on Saturday, March 7, and Texas National Rally (Texas BMW clubs) at Lake Belton (near Temple) on the weekend of April 10-12. Come meet your fellow Texas BMW riders.

Mike

Big Bend Bash - March 27th to March 29th

There's a group of BMW Sport Touring riders visiting BB this weekend, some from NM, AZ and from the great country of Texas...just general conviviality and riding.

Most are staying at the Ramada in Alpine and the others (the Beer lovers???) at the Historic Holland in Alpine:)
Check out it out here .

Big Bend:)

I just did it last month from CA.. BB is worth the ride indeed. Winter is BETTER there, as I did it in summer one year and it was HOT. I was going to Mexico too, but advise a lot of research first, because they are in a war with drug lords and guns right now, at many border areas from TX to AZ. Juarez especially is HOT right now and "not" advised, along with other crossings. DO your homework, if Mexico is on your agenda. Our Border Patrol has it in hand however and I felt safe knowing they were out there in "large numbers" patroling. West TX is a fine ride:). Randy:usa :usa

Hi folks. I'm returning to the forum after a few years away due to work, life, etc. Anyway, I'm in the process of moving from Iowa to Keller, TX (Ft Worth suburb), and am looking forward to trying out some of the local roads. Any insight on good rides would be most appreciated. I'll have my bike in Tejas some time in the next couple weeks, and hope to use it on my commute as often as possible.

Lee, don't know if you remember, but a few of my music-loving buddies and I had a beer with you at The Gingerman in Austin a few years back during SXSW.

Regards to all,

Welcome!!!

I do hope you'll join us at the NATIONAL Rally of Texas . . .

April

10th-12th ÔÇô 16th Texas National Rally ÔÇô Lake Belton, TX, Cedar Ridge Park, Turkey Roost Group Camping Area, GPS Coordinates: N31.10,08 W97.27,09. Cost: $10 per tent. Hosted by: BMW Club of Houston, Ltd. Texas wildflowers should be at their best in mid-April. Friday evening we will have Dorothy GoodallÔÇÖs ÔÇ£World FamousÔÇØ Beans and Ham (while it lasts) ÔÇô compliments of the BMW Club of Houston. Plenty of shaded camping, we will have the entire Turkey Roost Area to ourselves. Nice, clean showers, covered pavilion, several RV spots with electricity and water. This is a ÔÇ£no frills rallyÔÇØ ÔÇô no registration, no t-shirts. Contact ÔÇô Mike Murphy, bmwmike@sbcglobal.net, 281-413-7042.

Voni
sMiling

Welcome!!!

I do hope you'll join us at the NATIONAL Rally of Texas . . .

Voni
sMiling

GPS Coordinates: N31.10,08 W97.27,09

What format are the above coordinates? N31.1008 W97.2709 or N31 deg 10 min 8 sec and W97 deg 27 min 9 sec

Just joined MOA recently but this seems like the right place to say hello.

Would like to meet some of you guys in the Houston area for rides, moved down here from CT for work about a year ago and my riding buddies are pretty far away now!

Just joined MOA recently but this seems like the right place to say hello.

Would like to meet some of you guys in the Houston area for rides, moved down here from CT for work about a year ago and my riding buddies are pretty far away now!

What part of Houston?

FYI - here's a great site for riders in Texas: http://www.twtex.com/

I live near Willowbrook Mall - far NW Houston.

I don't go to many motorcycle club meetings - just not my bag. I have not been to the Houston BMW Club for anything yet.

Nice. Well, next time you do a ride that I'm in town for I'd love to join in.

I'm on the same page as you, I'd prefer to ride than eat/drink

Nice. Well, next time you do a ride that I'm in town for I'd love to join in.

I'm on the same page as you, I'd prefer to ride than eat/drink

If'n your schedule permits - a small group will be heading to Arkansas on May 23 for a week of camping and riding the best roads in this region. I've got a spreadsheet with all the details - but this forum won't allow spreadsheets to be uploaded. If you are interested, PM me with an email address and I'll shoot you the file.

Back