• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Pirates of the Conch Republic 2004

Jim Shaw

Here's some pictures from this year's Knight's Key campout fifty miles from Key West. This is an annual debacle, featuring Jimmy Buffett style dissapation of various sorts (Pirates encourage creativity, as well as aggression).

Bike Week weary BMW riders stagger down I95, past Miami, and trudge down the exasperating old Rt. 1 past legendary Key Largo, Marathon, and - just before the Seven Mile Bridge - turn left.

If I ever figure out Smugmug, I might add captions to the photos. Meanwhile, I leave it to you to guess what's going on.

-Jim

www.jimthegimp.smugmug.com

Last edited:
Nice pictures, Jim! I love pirates!

{Confidential aside to RPB: I'll bet that Jim knows the letter between Q and S.....}

Nice shots Jim

Couple of them look like postcards. The ones where you got the sun to cooperate and show up.

Anybody remember the rest of this:
"A wonderful bird is the pelican,
His mouth can hold more than his belican..."
I dunno about all the bright sunshine. I prolly couldn't take it on account of my sensitive eyes and all.

Yummy.

3011900-M.jpg

Hey Jim,

I heared of a rumor that Ossifer Bob has become the "New,Young-Old Man" of the Pirates...some sort of position of leadership and authority?!?

You want some kind of riff-raff like that running your quality organization??? Hell, he's already the Vice-Despot of the Gonzo Touring Team, so you know he is top-level Low-Life. He actually made it back to NC after his fun in the Keys--brought back some good stories too, though I haven't seen any pix or videos yet. Gotta see some of those "innocents" that you guys always seem to run into around there.

Sounded like fun (as always) down there in Key-land...hope to make it there sometime in future rides. Hey, hope to see you up in NC at Biker's Breakfast sometime this year :evil :jester

KBasa said:

You should be standing there watching it...night after night after night :D .

There's nothing better than Keys disease. Arrrrrgh.

"Yes, I am a pirate. 200 years too late."

Rev.Willie said:
Hey Jim,

I heared of a rumor that Ossifer Bob has become the "New,Young-Old Man" of the Pirates...some sort of position of leadership and authority?!?

You want some kind of riff-raff like that running your quality organization???

It's true - OB has a new career in Pirate politics. The Pirates don't exactly run a democracy down there. :1drink

Couple of them look like postcards. The ones where you got the sun to cooperate and show up.

Anybody remember the rest of this:
"A wonderful bird is the pelican,
His mouth can hold more than his belican..."
I dunno about all the bright sunshine. I prolly couldn't take it on account of my sensitive eyes and all.

Hope you've not been waiting 7 years for this:
'Tis a wonderful bird is the pelican,
His mouth holds as much as his belican
He can hold in his beak enough for a week,
I just wonder how the hellican.

Trust it was worth it.

Back