• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2013 Rally = Who's going?

Barley and I will be passing to the north of you on our way out from Vermont. Wave if you see us! :wave

f46b1205.jpg

I'll be getting stationed in California in March so I'll be coming up from San Diego.

We'll leave the Big Bend of Texas in May with the intent of arriving in Oregon for the rally. Who knows where our travels will take us other than that!

Sometimes Hyder, Alaska is on the way . . .

Voni
sMiling

WOW.....some of you are riding a L O N G way.... and I thought riding from Oklahoma would be far...Hotels, Motels, B&B, Camping?...Whats your preference? :drink

WOW.....some of you are riding a L O N G way.... and I thought riding from Oklahoma would be far...Hotels, Motels, B&B, Camping?...Whats your preference? :drink

Hotels when crossing vast expanses saves an hour on each end. Once we reach the sandhills of NE we'll be camping...with hotels (hot shower) only when Barley starts licking the dead bugs off of me. :laugh

5 months & 5 days..... till appox "ride west"...

...from near cincinnati. Mostly camping out & back. Hope to see a lot of the PNW & BC.... I love a coastal ride.

Maybe a rally enroute & the Top O Rockies on the return. I never like to hurry time; but looking forward to July!

Ditching

I wasn't asking you doooshbag....Im ditching you in Kansas, so take off...eh! :blah

So you call it ditching, in the real world it's called "YOU CAN'T KEEP UP" !!! I just hope that the DOT doesn't make me put a handicap sticker on my bike just because I ride with you!!!
I can't wait for this trip, the hard part is to figure out which way to go!

Thinkin 'bout it

Thinking maybe OkieGboy and myself may ride from Lake Eufaula. Trouble will be getting enough time off work to make the trip. If we go, we will do about 50/50 camping/hotel and will probably stay at a hotel (Marriott) during Rally b/c I have points running out my ears.

The route planning is starting to take shape....all is decided until we get to Oregon. Do we turn right and head to Canada via Seattle...or keep heading west to Salem?....There is lots to see in Oregon as well. My riding partner says "hey...we should camp along the way!" I say "Hozer...we will be riding through Bigfoot country...besides that, you don't camp"...I'm thinking after 8 to 10 hours on a bike, sleeping on the ground and no hot shower sounds great! :violin I'm not saying it should be all Marriott Hotels and IHOP...I know I know I know..."but Donnie, it's an adventure you wimp!" ....How about Motel 6 and Waffle House?...hmmm, responsible decisions need to be made and I'm really not qualified. Being a grown up is overrated :dance

Back