• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Why can't I post a message?

kbasa

Why can't I log in?

Here's a couple things to check:

Did you reply to the message the forum sent you when you registered?

When you originally registered for the forum, a message was sent to you with a link in it. By clicking the link, you should have completed your registration. If you didn't click the link, the forum is still waiting to confirm your registration. It'll know who you are, and recognize you by saying Good Day your username, but it still won't let you post.

We do this to keep from getting crawled by web bots and having spam posted.

If you can't post, but have registered, do two things. Dig around in your inbox and see if you see a message sent on the day you registered. (You can find out when you registered by looking in your Control Panel and looking at your profile) It has a link in it. Click the link.

Alternatively, notify the admins here and we'll either register you manually or send you a new link to click.

Do you have your browser security set too high?

If you're using Internet Explorer, you need to let the browser accept cookies. If the forum can't place a cookie on your machine, it won't be able to keep track of what you've seen and who you are.

Let your machine take the cookie from us. It's tasty and we don't track anything you do.

Happy posting!

I am being told that my membership number or password has expired when I try to get my old password back. I cannot get to the secure area any longer, and wondered if anyone else has that problem as well.

lorazepam said:
I am being told that my membership number or password has expired when I try to get my old password back. I cannot get to the secure area any longer, and wondered if anyone else has that problem as well.

Give the DNS stuff another day or two and all should be well...

hopefully. :D

Why Am I a Guest?

OK, I've registered, I have a member number, I've registered at the new site and gone through the steps outlined on the thread to register in the forums, my name shows up at the top of the page (Welcome, RustyJC), in this window (Logged in as RustyJC) and at the bottom of the main forum page (RustyJC, along with the other members on-line). Yet, when I post, I show up as a guest. Am I not holding my mouth right or something?

Rusty

Cannot Figure Out How To Post

I just signed up and cannot figure out how to place a post. I have my pop up blocker turned off and my firewall turned off. I am able to log in and view posts but I do not see a option about creating a post.

I just signed up and cannot figure out how to place a post. I have my pop up blocker turned off and my firewall turned off. I am able to log in and view posts but I do not see a option about creating a post.

You just did. :)

You might be thinking of a "thread", which is composed of posts.

When you're in a forum, you'll see a button that allows you to start a new Thread.

Does that help? :thumb

And welcome aboard!! :wave

the button looks like this:

newthread.gif

Does anyone know if a special tool is required to change the rear tire on the 1100RT?

:bow
Here's a couple things to check:

Did you reply to the message the forum sent you when you registered?

When you originally registered for the forum, a message was sent to you with a link in it. By clicking the link, you should have completed your registration. If you didn't click the link, the forum is still waiting to confirm your registration. It'll know who you are, and recognize you by saying Good Day your username, but it still won't let you post.

We do this to keep from getting crawled by web bots and having spam posted.

If you can't post, but have registered, do two things. Dig around in your inbox and see if you see a message sent on the day you registered. (You can find out when you registered by looking in your Control Panel and looking at your profile) It has a link in it. Click the link.

Alternatively, notify the admins here and we'll either register you manually or send you a new link to click.

Do you have your browser security set too high?

If you're using Internet Explorer, you need to let the browser accept cookies. If the forum can't place a cookie on your machine, it won't be able to keep track of what you've seen and who you are.

Let your machine take the cookie from us. It's tasty and we don't track anything you do.

Happy posting!

I seem to be locked from the flea market, and various other areas... I have changed my password, and verified registration. Help?

I need to spend money....
from the flea market: