• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MSR Mutha Hubba

soph9

Just bought one...looks great....haven't set it up yet but thought I would see if anyone out there has one and what do you think? I believe this will be a great tent for the two of us. We used a Sierra Design tent for our last summer trip and found it to be too small. 2 man tent! This has two doors with vestibules and looks way roomier.

Any input?

Last edited:
seems like it is going to be the ticket for us....pretty light and just a good layout....

mutha.png

We've been using one for two seasons and like it a great deal. We carry two foot prints so we can extend the foot prints into the vestibules. It is roomy enough, easy to erect and packs to a reasonable size. My only issue is with the ceiling height; I'd prefer a tent in which I can stand as well as exit and enter without crawling.

Seward, AK 2009

20090801_37.jpg

good to know...we looked at larger tents in height but the weight gets up there...compared to our 2 person Sierra Design this is going to feel massive. Also I like how the sides are pretty much vertical making good use of floor space. We have a small tarp we use as a door mat. I now have my own vestibule which is nice! How is it holding up? Waterproof?

BTW we are heading up your way next July and August! Fairbanks is on our list!:thumb

It's a great tent, but not the quickest to set up or break down. On the plus side, the poles break down to 18 inches so it's easy to pack in the luggage.

hopefully with the two of us we will get this tent up and down relatively fast. We will practice a bit setting up and finding the best way to repack it. I am getting a compression sack made for this by a guy on the ADV forum. Hopefully it will allow some extra room for stuffing the tent and then compressing it.

any comment on the waterproofing?

any comment on the waterproofing?

I haven't had it out in the rain, but it looks like it will do the job well, bathtub floor, good fly coverage, and extra stake out loops. The MSR pegs are also very nice, at least for the hard ground in New England.

We've used it in the rain a few times and it performed well.

good to know....we are getting our foot print from Backcountry.com...gonna set it up in the great room soon as we just took down our Christmas tree and now have room! Will post pics!

Back