• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Need someone to ride with.

PAULK

Hi all,
I'm going to the National Rally this summer in WI and am looking for some riding partners. I ride an '06 GS and live in Ventura County, near Los Angeles. My therapist says my medication are working now, so I can be with more people - JUST KIDDING!!. I'm a retired cop who now works at a motorcycle helmet distributorship. :bow

Helmethead

Hi All,
I'm going to the national rally in WI this summer and am looking for some folks to ride with. My ride is an '06 GS and I live in Ventura County, near Los Angeles. My therapist says the medication is working and I need to meet more people - JUST KIDDING!!. I'm a retired cop and am currently working at a motorcycle helmet distributorship. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks:bow

Might be able to meet up somewhere along the way.... we will be coming from AZ.

Oh, and we are heading to WY not WI. :doh

Heidi and I are traveling from Yuma as follows:

Sunday - Yuma Az. to Ely Nv. KOA
Monday - Ely to Vernal Ut. KOA
Tues - Veral Ut to Estes Park Co. KOA - Steak and Lobster at Orlando's
Wed. Estes Park to Gilette.

If you like to camp and want to join up, drop us a note. Orlando's in Estes Park is a unique resturant. Only a couple of items on the menu. Steak, Steak and Lobster, a fish selection, and that is about it.

bob and heidi still:buds

Head up as...

:hungover Okay, Okay it's WY not WI. It takes a while for the medications to kick in. Sorry about that. I was thinking of hoteling it while going up and camping at the rally, but maybe camping would be better (cheaper). I work for a helmet and garment company who may be willing to pay my way if I do a little work at the rally. If they do, my travel expenses would be covered...but that's a big maybe. Yes, meeting somewhere in AZ or NV would be fine.

Retired from PD too!

PaulK,

Don't worry, I know the post retirement period requires certain adjustments.

Aperris
Univ. of Akron Police Retiree

riding to Nationals

I'm in So Cal, as well (Glen Ivy) and am seriously considering going. I like to camp, but am open. Maybe we can ride together. I like cops ok.:dance

Clovis,CA here;

GSAdventure'07 and my wife and I will ride to Wyoming, about one week before the rally and one week back home with some sidetracks thrown in as we take every opportunity to explore whatever, dirt or pavement. We camp almost exclusively and love it:). One of our favorite depart CA first nights on the road is Ely, Nevada at the KOA Campground. Its first rate camping. Its 525 miles from Clovis, via Yosemite NP exit to Ely. We met some there last year on the way to Wisconsin Rally. Anyhow, we are always happy to have someone alongside for a day or two, or as long as our riding styles and destinations permit. Happy Trails, Randy13233. :usa :usa :usa

annual rally

PAULK

I plan to go to the rally this year. I would like to accompany you but you would have to come to Pennsylvania first. Just kidding too. I too am a retired cop and would enjoy the company and converstation. Maybe we will meet up at the rally.

Bill

PAULK

I plan to go to the rally this year. I would like to accompany you but you would have to come to Pennsylvania first. Just kidding too. I too am a retired cop and would enjoy the company and converstation. Maybe we will meet up at the rally.

Bill

Hello Bill, please check your PM's. if you are going out to WY, you may have a riding partner for part of the way.

To the Rally

Thanks for all you replies. I'm thinking of heading out that Sunday or Monday before the rally. On the way back I'd like to go into Canada and head west to BC, then down the coast to LA. Any takers out there?

Back