• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Riding through West Virginia

Roadkill601

Road west across PA, then down through West Virignia to visit my unlce in Harrisonburg VA. Was an Amazing ride. Stayed one night is Morgantown WV. Next Day headed south

Attachments

• MobileHal_000168.jpg
    MobileHal_000168.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Monongahela National Forest... Was Amazing. Lots of really nice forest roads.

Attachments

• MobileHal_000185.jpg
    MobileHal_000185.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 211
This place was Rider Karma! For sure. I was getting low on gas...One of the routes I picked out with Delorme did not pan out...Gated! So i was working my way around and found this Perfect spot!

Attachments

• MobileHal_000194.jpg
    MobileHal_000194.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 211
Crossing The Shenandoah Mountain Pass... Really Nice!

Attachments

• MobileHal_000205.jpg
    MobileHal_000205.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Enjoyed it so Much.. I returned a couple months later in the summer and camped in the George Washington NF on my way to Little Switzerland.

Attachments

• WP_000275.jpg
    WP_000275.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 210
To Bad the Weather Did Not Cooperate. Had the campground almost to my self. About 2 am...Storm passed through but my little MSR kept me dry...That was a prelude to the rest of the Trip.. Rain.. And Lots of Fog.

Attachments

• WP_000273.jpg
    WP_000273.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 210
The next day not only treated me with Lots and Lots of Rain, Fog and Chilly temps for July... BUt I was also rewarded with a ticket for excellent high speed ridding from Tennessee's finest. He was a very nice, and even appologized for giving me the ticket. I told him No Problem.. Thanks for not making me empty my bike to get my registration.

Attachments

• WP_000278.jpg
    WP_000278.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 209
After slogging through Rain and Fog over rogers Mt and more rain and fog up 226a, I finally arrived in Little Switzerland. Great place that I must return to cause in all the fog I could not see much. BUt I did see a few of these go down! It was a great Ride... Rain and all, cant wait to do it all again.

Attachments

• WP_000285.jpg
    WP_000285.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 209
Rt. 72 is an amazing road, especially between Rt. 32 and 219 - a little narrow and chewed up in parts but amazing nonetheless! Did you happen to map your route out? I'd be interested to see what roads you took and whether you liked them or not.

Nice report!

And yes, you definitely need to go back to the roads surrounding Little Switzerland...

Ian

Rt. 72 is an amazing road, especially between Rt. 32 and 219 - a little narrow and chewed up in parts but amazing nonetheless! Did you happen to map your route out? I'd be interested to see what roads you took and whether you liked them or not.

Yes, I use Delorme TopUSA 9.0 if you like I can send you the .tpx file of my route. Send me an PM and I will reply with the map.

spring trip 2.jpg(4 of us, 2 BMW's, a Triumph and a Honda) were down that way last weekend (4/19/13). Left Lancaster, PA area Friday morning, rode down in mostly overcast weather in the mid to low 70's, and finally hit rain about a half hour from our campsite in Seneca Rocks. We pulled the bikes into the pavillion just as the rain let loose. Saturday morning we woke up to 34 degrees but dry. One of the guys had to head home for his Mom's 60th birthday party so the rest of us headed south and west. At one 3700 foot pass, the thermometer dropped to 30 and we saw some snow. Not the coldest I've ridden in, and balmy compared to what some of you ride in, but chilly considering the temps the day before. We ended up heading home early, as no one wanted to tent camp with overnight temps forecast to be below freezing Sat night.

Still a fun get away, did just over 300 miles Friday and 430 Saturday.

Attachments

• spring trip 1.jpg
    spring trip 1.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 79
Planning on going through parts of WVa on my way to Asheville in June for the RA rally. And probably on my way back. :)

Back