• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Confused Cam-head

Thanks for the heads up guys. I'm a newbie and I'm learning the ins and outs about this site. I'm happy I joined the MOA. See... You guys thought me something already. I'll check the cam-head forum and hopefully learn a lot more. Happy Trails.....
Rob.

I am going to have to add henzilla to the list of S bike trouble makers here. :)

I know I am a minority among BMW riders, but I like keeping my bikes clean. I don't spend all weekend washing and polishing, but I am not afraid to admit I wash them off after riding a few hours or more. They may not be high dollar bikes, but they are all I have and I feel better keeping them clean. It may be a form of compensating for my poor mechanical abilities. :)

I know I am a minority among BMW riders, but I like keeping my bikes clean. I don't spend all weekend washing and polishing, but I am not afraid to admit I wash them off after riding a few hours or more.

I'm with you all the way on that.

Well, it's a reasonable facsimile of a real Oilhead. :evil

That bike is painfully clean. Tell me this is your display bike and that you have another that you actually ride. :laugh

Well, uh...true confession time. That picture is not my bike...but then I never alleged it was. LOL

Thought I had time to ride yesterday, but after finishing the Honey Do list, it was time for dinner! :type

I am going to have to add henzilla to the list of S bike trouble makers here. :)

I know I am a minority among BMW riders, but I like keeping my bikes clean. I don't spend all weekend washing and polishing, but I am not afraid to admit I wash them off after riding a few hours or more. They may not be high dollar bikes, but they are all I have and I feel better keeping them clean. It may be a form of compensating for my poor mechanical abilities. :)

For moi, the bike cleaning may be a result of 26 years in the fire service. Ya go on a run, then clean the rig when you get back in station. Old dog, old habit. :laugh

Come to think of it, has SeabeckS ever posted a photo of him actually riding that bike? :stick

Haven't QUITE figured out how to ride the bike, and take a picture of myself...riding the bike. And all those shots I have from around Puget Sound and in Central Nevada? Truck+ramp+bike+camera = photo ops. :whistle

I'm with you all the way on that.

Me too :thumb Some of my most quality beer drinking time, is in the garage with the beer in one hand & a polishing cloth in the other.

I'm really thinking about swimming upstream so-to-speak.....contemplating :scratch chrome plating the valve covers / timing cover on my Roadster :p

Truck+ramp+bike+camera = photo ops. :whistle

I #@%#& knew it. You Mandarin Orange/Slate Grey and RS-to-an-S-Conversion types are all the same. :laugh

At the rally you'll likely get pictures of one of those rare and beautiful Pacific Blue S's with its handsome and dashing owner signing autographs beside it. Or maybe not...

I #@%#& knew it. You Mandarin Orange/Slate Grey and RS-to-an-S-Conversion types are all the same. :laugh

At the rally you'll likely get pictures of one of those rare and beautiful Pacific Blue S's with its handsome and dashing owner signing autographs beside it. Or maybe not...

So who is the 'handsome and dashing' mystery man who will be signing autographs? :p

Yup, those brake discs look stock to me, just like the ones on my 94 RS. Full floating discs, 12 mount "buttons" for the disc to the carrier. later versions had only six.

Back