• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Going to N.C

R

RAUB60

I'm leaving next Wed., Oct.1 from Detroit, to North Carolina. My son is getting back from Afghanistan so my bother and I are riding down for a visit. Looking for a good route. Any suggestions?:wave :dance

I'm leaving next Wed., Oct.1 from Detroit, to North Carolina. My son is getting back from Afghanistan so my bother and I are riding down for a visit. Looking for a good route. Any suggestions?:wave :dance
Most roads from the WV boarder to NC.

What do you like, sweepers, tight twisty, direct route, or time to kill and where in NC?

Any route that takes you out of Michigan is an excellent route! Have fun.

Eastern Ohio has some nice secondary roads that will make the smiles last. I think I've heard that OH-555 is a great road. Kentucky has a choice of good slabs or wonderful secondary roads, it all depends on time. If you make it to Tennessee, you should go by the '09 National Rally Site in Gray. If you do that, you can take US-321 out of Gray, or travel NE to get on US-421. They call that road "the Snake", and I found the section between Mountain City and Boone a real fun ride.:thumb Either routes will end you up in Boone, NC, a nice mountain college town with a lot of good roads all around it. NC 105 and 181 are good, fun roads that would get you to Morganton, and a connection with I-40. If you are headed to Ft. Bragg, go east on 40 until it meets I-95, then go south to Fayettevile. If you are going to Camp Lejeune, head east on I-40 till Newton Grove, then take NC 55 east, and take a combination of NC secondary roads (111,903,41,50,53) for all sorts of routes to Jacksonville. If you are headed to Seymour Johnson AFB or Cherry Point MCAS, get off on US 70 and cruise.

Check out any of the following across West Virginia: US 50, US 33, US 250. Then pick up the Skyline Drive / Blu Ridge Parkway between Front Royal VA and Cherokee, NC. Colors should be starting. How much time do you have to get there and what is your final destination?

Give him a big "Welcome Home!" form all of us. :usa

Back