• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Dealership open in VA

P

PAULJR

Don't know if this has been mentioned previously but Frontline Eurosports in Salem VA is now open for business. We stopped by on Friday to see what the shop is like. Nice place nice folks, they handle BMW and Triumph. They have a nice selection of accessories and gear. Not too far off the parkway, stop by and say hi if you get in the neighborhood. Always good to see an addition as opposed to a subtraction.

Looks like another good reason to stop in Salem. I usually stop in and see my good friend David Adams, long time BMW rider and tech.

Been waiting for months. Gotta ride the 90 miles as soon as my cold subsides.

Nice Place

A group of us (all 5 BMWs in the county and 2 Harleys) rode up to the new BMW/Triumph dealership in Salem today. Very nice store and nice folks with a well rounded supply of new bikes and accessories. They have quietly opened but they plan on a Grand Opening April 20 and 21. The Sales Manager is Jason who was formerly at Hammersley in Lynchburg as the parts manager. He is a super fellow with a wealth of information in his head.

Jason said they have a great mechanic that who was a Master Mechanic when he left Hammersley 14 years ago. He worked at 2 other distant BMW dealerships since then but wanted to move back home. Jason welcomed him with open arms.

Jason said they plan on a website with parts sales similar to what they had at Hammersley but they are just getting started and it will take some time.

http://www.frontlineeurosports.com/default.asp

Is Hammersley still a BMW MC dealer?

No. Hammersley sold out their chain of car dealerships and it included the motorcycle dealership. They decided to get out of the motorcycle business and we have been without a BMW dealership in western Virginia until now.

No. Hammersley sold out their chain of car dealerships and it included the motorcycle dealership. They decided to get out of the motorcycle business and we have been without a BMW dealership in western Virginia until now.

Thanks. I had a good experience with them one time when I had an unexpected need for a dealer. Too bad they closed up the shop.

Frontline Euro

Well, I've been meaning to post a thread about Frontline Euro being open now in Salem VA. It is a couple miles off I-81, exit 140 on Route 419. I've visited several times, and have taken some pictures as an introductory to the folks you'll see there.

What you'll see from the street:
P2220878-S.jpg

Jason, who many will know from Hammersleys, he is the Sales Manager:
P2220876-S.jpg

Andrew the Service Manager:
P2220872-S.jpg

Van, parts manager:
P2220874-S.jpg

Bob Burch, Master BMW Tech:
P2220873-S.jpg

Tiffany, Hottie, Apparel
P2220875-S.jpg

Nate Jennings, Sales:
P3020884-S.jpg

I haven't yet gotten a photo of the owner Hugh. That will come.

Thanks. I had a good experience with them one time when I had an unexpected need for a dealer. Too bad they closed up the shop.

The new dealership is about 50 or 60 miles from where Hammersley was located in Lynchburg. The new dealership is more convenient for most people than Hammersley because it is near I-81 in Salem/Roanoke and Hammersley in Lynchburg is 40+ miles from any interstate.

Hammersley was a side business for the owners as they were in the car business but the new dealership have owners that are in the motorcycle business with another motorcycle dealership.

Don't know if this has been mentioned previously but Frontline Eurosports in Salem VA is now open for business. We stopped by on Friday to see what the shop is like. Nice place nice folks, they handle BMW and Triumph. They have a nice selection of accessories and gear. Not too far off the parkway, stop by and say hi if you get in the neighborhood. Always good to see an addition as opposed to a subtraction.

I have been there several times and have been treated very well. A freind bought a new bike there last week (Triumph) and is very happy with how he was treated. They have a large selection of bikes. Have not tried the parts yet but will very soon.

Frontline BMW great dealer. I was in today for some service work on my 1150 GS. All the folks are great to work with. Service manager [Andrew] went out of his way to help. No high pressure sales!! Give them a try!:usa

Grand opening april 21

FRONTLINE EUROSPORTS

SPRING OPEN HOUSE/GRAND OPENING

SATURDAY APRIL 21 9 TILL 3

LIVE MUSIC BY MADRONE

FREE FOOD AND DRINKS

FANTASTIC DEALS
10% OFF ALL AGV SPORTS
10% OFF ALL APPAREL
15% OFF ALL HELMETS
ALL T-SHIRTS $20.00

50% OFF ALL NEW BIKES