• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

Parabellum.com. Look under Sport Shield (SS). I got the tallest, a 21". At 5' 9" I still look over the top of the shield by about three inches. Took a little adjusting to get rid of minor buffetting. Can be removed quickly. Great sheild.

Thanks. Looks like a fairly easy instal. Do you have the clear or tinted one?

The "old school" part of me says to not get a shield and just go au-natural.......

The "old school" part of me says to not get a shield and just go au-natural.......

Huh? Define old school. Real old school would put a Wixom Ranger or Vetter III on there with Shoei saddlebags. Maybe Calafia, if you were hardcore. I'm just sayin'.

Poohbah

Being new to all this, I tried to down load a picture of my bike.
It is a 1974 R90/6 that I bought in Jan.
Here goes.

Attachments

• P1000044.jpg
    P1000044.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 980
Picture of my R80G/S taken out the in the far west of New South Wales about 500ks west or Bourke. Here in its natural environment ;)

828303942_7pxRB-XL.jpg

It runs a R100RS 70HP motor, HPN 1st and 5th, Gold Valves in the forks and Ohlins on the rear and a host of other goodies.

my Slash 5

Ok, officially it's my wife's but I get to ride it whenever I want.

Rick

Attachments

• MIC_9708.jpg
    MIC_9708.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 885
1977 r100s

624557498_388B2-L.jpg

I have had this one for five years now and I still love finding parts to make it better. My ongoing project, I hope it will be in the family for a long time.

624557498_388B2-L.jpg

I have had this one for five years now and I still love finding parts to make it better. My ongoing project, I hope it will be in the family for a long time.

She's a beauty. Is the u-shaped fork brace over the front fender standard on the S or is that aftermarket?

no fork braces were standard on any models, beyond the big alu one that was used for fender mounting.
looks to be a Luftmeister (but i could be worng on that aspect of it)

no fork braces were standard on any models, beyond the big alu one that was used for fender mounting.
looks to be a Luftmeister (but i could be worng on that aspect of it)

Thanks for the input. I'm still learning and just wanted to know.:dunno I have many more questions than answers. I like them.

Back