• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

This thread is going to be stale and unimaginative, don't look.

Quiet, calm...peaceful.....great view. You just need a bigger place to view it from....I mean, seriously, how many people can you fit on that porch? Oh, I know....friends aren't invited to partake! (teasing....it's great...I have the same feeling looking over water or mountains.)

It almost looks like the remains of a mound, such as many Indian nations built, either for religious purposes or as a defense for their community.

Last edited:
When I lived in Florida....there were mounds on the island built by the Calusa Indians, but the mounds sure didn't look like Tom's view of his plateau. The burrowing owls were pretty unique.

(Native People built large mounds using millions of shells that offered them protection from hurricanes. The mounds were also used for religious temples and burial sites. )

Last edited:
It almost looks like the remains of a mound, such as many Indian nations built, either for religious purposes or as a defense for their community.

A long time ago, this area was covered by an inland sea. To me, a former cruising sailor, the plateau has the profile of an island with the variations in the sides being tidelines as the water level dropped.

Roy, there's nothing I'd like better than having you visit, too.

Tom

That I am, Tom. That I am. :D

Wait a minute.....was I just insulted!!! :bolt
Nah..that would be something and we're dealing with nothing here.

Insult You!? Nothing could be further from my mind.:)

Tom

Nothing makes me happier than bringing a bike (BMW) home, putting it in my garage and getting a chance to look at it. Can't wait to restore it too. It's been in a good friends garage for longer than I want to admit, but is now home where it belongs. Hoorah!:dance

Nothing makes me happier than bringing a bike (BMW) home, putting it in my garage and getting a chance to look at it. Can't wait to restore it too. It's been in a good friends garage for longer than I want to admit, but is now home where it belongs. Hoorah!:dance

funny. I will get a fine cigar and an equally fine drink. Sit in the 'shed' and stare at that old /5 just sitting there waiting..... waiting. It still looks so able and willing even though 38 years old. 38 is such a great age.... but I digress. It will never be sold and maybe some day we will.....

See, now I got all revved up when I didn't mean to say anything. Maybe it is best that I leave the nothingness slant to the zen existentialists. - Bob

Gotta agree with you tourunigo. I can set out in my garage and look at my '71 R50/5 endlessly. My first bike. The only thing better is to start it up and take it for a ride. A fine cigar and drink is a nice addition. Many good memories.

2 weeks ago it was cold, bleak and rainy, then we had a nice day, now it's hot, muggy and rainy. Springtime on Ohio, blink and you'll miss it.

Back