• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

First Sunday Ephrata

john1691

Looks a little wet out, but lbe heading over to Ephrata, PA for the last First Sunday of the year. Hope to see some of you there. I'm on a K1200S with checker graphics, say hello if you see me, let me know you are MOA!

Hope it clears/cleared up for. I only made it to one of these this year

How'd your Thursday night (?) gatherings go this season?

We were at Harleyfest aka the ABATE toy run at Children's Hospital. Somewhat sadly, there were only an estimated 3000 bikes this year due to the weather. They normally get around 50,000. Regardless, it was a lot of noise and other than us, I only saw one BMW.

What Thursday night thing?

There were a number of BMW's at Ephrata this morning, as well as all other brands. Not a big turn out, but saw some familiar faces and it was good to get caught up on where people got to ride this summer.

The Thursday evening gatherings went ok, not as big as we would have liked, averaged 40-50 bikes, but it was the first year for it. What Terrance is talking about is "Bike Night @ LCBC", LCBC being a fairly large church. We had live music (classic rock/country, depending on the band), as well as a local BBQ vendor, and just hung out on the first and third Thurs. evenings. It rained 3 nights, one complete wash out that we cancelled and 2 that blew past but sprinkled on us. We will probably go to once a month next year, starting in May and running to October. My hope is that it will grow to be a fairly large event. It isn't a fund raiser, just an opportunity to meet up with fellow riders, grab a bite, listen to music then head out for an evening ride or whatever.

Any end of season rides planned? I'd love to get in one more trip to WV, but I don't see it happening.................oh well, next year!

My West Virginia trip was a washout. We ended up coming home early thanks to the double nor'easter. As it was, we rode 300+ miles home in rain, snow, fog, traffic,e tc. Of course, Monday morning came along and the sun was shining as I left for work. Very frustrating!!

I'd love to sneak in a weekend away before the end of the year but just don't see it happening.

Where is LCBC? I wouldn't mind catching up with like-minded folks. Around here the offerings consist of Hooters bike night and similar events. I'm not interested in hanging out with the beer guzzling goofballs.

Looks a little wet out, but lbe heading over to Ephrata, PA for the last First Sunday of the year. Hope to see some of you there. I'm on a K1200S with checker graphics, say hello if you see me, let me know you are MOA!

What is this "First Sunday" event?

Here's a link. It's a gathering on the first Sunday of each month, I think April through Nov, in Ephrata. You can get breakfast there and on a good day, many hundreds of motorcylists show up on all types of machines. Well worth the trip. Search the forum for "Ephrata" and you'll see trip reports/pix from there.

My son Sam & I were at the toy run, Sam on a black K75S and me on my Gray R1200R. It was his first toy run. We had a good time.

Attachments

• Toy run 1109 003 (Medium).jpg
    Toy run 1109 003 (Medium).jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 55
My West Virginia trip was a washout.

I had read about your nasty trip home, what a bummer. All the planning and end up using time off in bad weather..........

Where is LCBC? I wouldn't mind catching up with like-minded folks. Around here the offerings consist of Hooters bike night and similar events. I'm not interested in hanging out with the beer guzzling goofballs.

LCBC is off Rt. 283, the Manheim/Mount Joy Rd. exit, turn right off the ramp and the church is on the left, which you can see (in the distance) from 283. We have a cycle group called "Freedom Riders", nothing formal, just sponsor about a dozen rides throughout the summer. We do shorter icecream/dinner rides, all day rides and a couple overnighters, including a couples trip to WV and the Hunter Mountain rally this year. You don't have to be a member of this church, or any church, for that matter, to participate in any of the rides. We do a Ronald McDonald house fundraiser for the RM house in Hershey, and next Sunday, November 8th we are doing a benefit ride to the Lebanon VA hospital, taking items needed by the Vets who are being cared for their as a small token of appreciation for all they did for the rest of us.

Back