• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Questions about Autocom Models

Bud

It is what it is.
Which is the newer product? Autocom PRO M1 or Autocom PRO 7 SPORT?

Are there any real differences between the two?

Thanks in advance for any information.

I don't know how to check the validity of the report, but someone on the F800 board reported that Autocom is in liquidation. I hope not as I use and like their system and have been thinking of upgrading. Does anyone in the UK know anything about this report?
[Edit] Here's the post, from someone living in the UK: Do you already have the Autocom? If not you might not be aware that Autocom have just gone into liquidation, so don't buy any new Autocom parts at full price; there will be no factory support.

Last edited:
Both autocomm models you list are older models. The Pro M1 is the older of the two. I actually have one that has never been used. Autocomm, England sent it to me when I was having trouble with the Canadian supplier. They also repaired my original unit at no charge. I thought they were a very stand up supplier so I hope they are still in business!

Autocom

I just went to a presentation at Nick's BMW put on by the Autocom distributor. Nick's is an autocom dealer and I am looking at a new unit now as I am having problems with my 10 year old unit. www.nicksbmw.com

I look forward to the results of this discussion. We are in the market for a reliable, volumn adjustable, comfortable and wind resistent unit for communications..... and hearing the gps. Cordless would be nice but I can just get better at routing the stuff better. - Bob

For all things AutoCom you want to talk to Keith @ Tulsa Truck Center (918) 446-2245. I just upgraded today from my trusty Pro M1 to a newer Super Pro Avi

Autocom

Autocom is now distributed by McGuire Distribution Enterprises and McGuire is run by Bryan McGuire (who used to be THE technical guy for TopGear). Autocom is now part of the Tecstar Electronics group that makes Starcom (http://www.autocom.co.uk/) McGuire will be showing and selling Autocom products at the upcoming rally. I'm the representative for them in Arizona and I will also be there. If you have questions on product, you can reach McGuire at 1-866-951-5550. Topgear is no longer the distributor for Autocom in the US. They may have old product still in stock, but they aren't receiving any current product.

I have an Autocom that's a few years old and works well. I like it. But if I were buying something TODAY, I wouldn pass on the Autocom. After recently communicatiing with both a new domestic rep and the folks back in the UK, I was less than impressed with their support. The US guy flat out admitted to me that he didn't really know squat about anything but their newest models. And I was wanting to BUY something from him for my 2 year old unit. I don't quite understand that business model.

I notice you are from southern Ill. Gina's BMW in Iowa City now lists themselves as an autocomm dealer. You might want to give them a call.
:violin

Back