• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Beer Garden Selections?

BTW, BeerTeam...Mikes hard Lemonade and any MALT beverage is made from gluten...barley malt is gluten as is anything with rye or wheat. I miss my smirnoff ice because of that, too. Anywho, I'm sure there's a store of some sort in gillette that can assist with any inebreation needs that may become necessary.

We will have NA BEER. In the past it has been O'Douls Alcohol Free Beer

O'Douls = Coors. Saint Pauly Girl NA = well, Saint Pauly Girl ... O'Douls is made for the masses, and BMW NA riders are not in the masses!:laugh

Just my opinion...I'm not that picky but would pay premium for a premium beer on a hot Wyoming day!

I'm certain that there will be no shortage of fine beers available at the rally... Just across the CO border in Ft. Collins , sit two of the better (best?) small brewers in the state; New Belgium, makers of "Fat Tire" and O'Dells, makers of "5 Barrel Pale Ale" and "90 Shilling Ale". I can also state for a fact that my side cases will each hold over a case of beer with ice.

RW

Oh, you said BEER. I thought that you were talking about grizzlies and stuff.

Nevermind.:drink

another 'celiac' coming to the rally

Karol, nice pic!

I am also 'Celiac' and anything with gluten (ie: wheat) is toxic to me.
Anything gluten-free would be appreciated.

Dale

I'm an NA guy myself. May I suggest Labatt's Nordic. Now this is some tasty NA brew. Free O'Doules is allright, but the urination factor must be considered. One O'Doules typically = three trips to the bathroom................. :dunno

O'Douls = Coors. Saint Pauly Girl NA = well, Saint Pauly Girl ... O'Douls is made for the masses, and BMW NA riders are not in the masses!:laugh

Just my opinion...I'm not that picky but would pay premium for a premium beer on a hot Wyoming day!
O'Douls is a Bud product. Coors NA product is called Sharps.

Just FYI.

tb

O'Douls is a Bud product. Coors NA product is called Sharps.

Just FYI.

tb

Really? I could have sworn Sharps was a Miller product? I dunno which is more of a distasteful prospect. Coors is a pretty abysmal corporation, but at least it is still an American abysmal corporation.

Really? I could have sworn Sharps was a Miller product? I dunno which is more of a distasteful prospect. Coors is a pretty abysmal corporation, but at least it is still an American abysmal corporation.
OOOOOpps! Sorry. :dunno

Well, that's what I get for relying on memory. Did some Google research and Sharps is a Miller product, O'Douls is AB, and Coors calls their NA product "Coors Non-Alcoholic."

tb

OOOOOpps! Sorry. :dunno

Well, that's what I get for relying on memory. Did some Google research and Sharps is a Miller product, O'Douls is AB, and Coors calls their NA product "Coors Non-Alcoholic."

tb

Me too and I was reminded that the companies are possibly merging anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MillerCoors

I can't wait for riding season so I can focus on the other important aspect of the rally. :)

Last edited:
beer,etc

My wife also has Celiac Disease and would really appreciate being able to quaff a few GF beers. BTW, she says that the Bud product is rather foul compared to some other brands such as Ramapo and New Grist. Does anyone know if there is a Whole Foods market near the rally site.

I'm certain that there will be no shortage of fine beers available at the rally... Just across the CO border in Ft. Collins , sit two of the better (best?) small brewers in the state; New Belgium, makers of "Fat Tire" and O'Dells, makers of "5 Barrel Pale Ale" and "90 Shilling Ale". I can also state for a fact that my side cases will each hold over a case of beer with ice.

New Belgium http://www.newbelgium.com/index.php is my personal favorite and I discovered a couple of their lesser known beers like "Skinny Dip" which is their Summer beer - New BelgiumÔÇÖs Skinny Dip is a full-bodied, figure-friendly beer perfect for the lightly attired summer months. Cascade hops frolic with kaffir lime and ample malt to create a bright, citrusy nose thatÔÇÖs as crisp as chilling in a mountain pond. Skinny Dip * a most revealing beverage.

Another favorite is "Blue Paddle" - Blue Paddle Pilsener, crafted without the use of adjuncts like corn or rice, explores the boundaries where American Lagers seldom journey. Reflective of EuropeÔÇÖs finest PilsenerÔÇÖs, Blue Paddle delivers a refreshing bitterness, vibrant finish and a subtle but intricate depth of flavor. With Blue Paddle, we wanted to produce a beer that was definitive of the upper echelon. Peter Bouckaert and our brew staff drew inspiration from outside the world of Belgian ales for the generously hopped lager. Blue Paddle has a bit more body than the traditional Belgian pils and is closer in style to a Bohemian Style. High impact crispness from noble hop varieties finishes with a rich panoply of malt flavor.

:drink It's all Goooood

Unfortunately my other half has me on the Weight Watchers diet and all I'm allowed right now is an occassional lite beer. Fortunately she's not coming to the rally. :dance

Possible Sponsorship?

I came across this on the New Belgium website. They are really into bicycles but thought I would toss this out there for the sponsorship committee. The BMW Foundation's Camp Gears might be a good starting point.

New Belgium's Sponsorship Program

So, youÔÇÖre doing something good and you want us to join you? Excellent! Tell us about it.

We at New Belgium love to get involved. We sponsor a whole bevy of cool events and goings on throughout the western United States. And while we would like to align with all that is good and worthy, we sometimes have to gracefully decline.

A few things we look for when selecting events and sponsorship opportunities:

* TIMING: Yep, it takes time to get the beer there. So, start talking to us at least two months to a year prior to your event. For large events, we generally need even more time.

* BRANDING: ItÔÇÖs important that your event allows us to showcase what New Belgium is all about. We look for PLAYFUL, UNIQUE, and DELIGHTFUL events. WeÔÇÖre a folly following bunch, and we like to support fellow folly followers.

* SUSTAINABILITY: From brewing beer to building events, we want to do all we can to reduce our footprint. ThatÔÇÖs why we partner with likeminded organizations. In addition, weÔÇÖre very interested in events that support environmental non-profits.

* PARTICIPATION: We prefer to be hands-on and on-premise with events. So, if youÔÇÖre pitching a logo placement, weÔÇÖll generally pass unless it comes with a chance to meet and greet.

* LOCATION: As much as weÔÇÖd love to go to New York or Florida, for now, we have to wait. WeÔÇÖll gladly consider events in the states weÔÇÖre located. (CO, WY, TX, AZ, NM, AR, MO, KS, CA, NV, ID, WA, OR, MN, IA, MT, IL, NE)

* DONATIONS: Our sponsorship dollars have to reflect our brand. So, if youÔÇÖre wanting a good will donation or philanthropic grant go to: www.newbelgium.com/donation-form.php

* TEAMS/INDIVIDUAL ATHLETES: Due to the overwhelming amount of requests we get to sponsor athletic teams and individuals, we decided itÔÇÖs just too hard to pick. So, aside from a few family and friendÔÇÖs teams, we pass on these types of sponsorships.

* BANDS: Ditto on the above.

If your event fits these guidelines, then fill out the following form. WeÔÇÖll take a look at your request, and get back to you within a week.

http://shop.newbelgium.com/sponsorship-form.php

Karol, nice pic!

I am also 'Celiac' and anything with gluten (ie: wheat) is toxic to me.
Anything gluten-free would be appreciated.

Dale

I just noticed this thread and just have to chime in as another attendee who is gluten intolerant. It is a problem when traveling and rally food is generally off limits. While it is possible to purchase gluten free beer locally sometimes, it depends on the area. I was in Tucson last spring and found one liquor store in the entire Tucson area that had even heard of gluten free beer - and they didn't have it. In other areas, Walmart carries Redbridge (West Bend, WI for one) but it would be surprising if anyone in Gillette has it. Unless the beer tent folks can locate a local supply, I think our adult beverages will be the kind you sip. Maybe the Celiacs should get together to share wine, brandy, rum, cognac, potato vodka, corn vodka...Hmm...maybe we're not so deprived after all! :whistle

It would be nice (I'm just dreaming here-I know) but what if the beer tent actually offered other refreshments besides water or beer!? Sort of in following the theme of a recent ON article.
At the west bend rally...if one wanted something other than beer you had to walk elsewhere & pay $3 or more for a coke...but if he wanted cheep beer...no prob. HOw about offering something for those who dont drink booze or dont wish to all the time!?

It would be nice (I'm just dreaming here-I know) but what if the beer tent actually offered other refreshments besides water or beer!? Sort of in following the theme of a recent ON article.
At the west bend rally...if one wanted something other than beer you had to walk elsewhere & pay $3 or more for a coke...but if he wanted cheep beer...no prob. HOw about offering something for those who dont drink booze or dont wish to all the time!?

In West Bend the Beer Garden carried freshly brewed blond Root Beer along with wine and wine coolers for sale. The water was in the water-jugs on the table tops for free.

Most times the beer garden sells soda also, but the Coke prices were prohibitive for us in 2007. We opted to avoid the ridiculous pricing for the soda sales last summer by letting the food vendors handle all soda sales. Most food vendors sold the soda for $2 / bottle. And trust me on this ... at $2, those vendors were NOT making any money on that soda.

Sue Rihn-Manke
Chairman 2000, 2005, & 2007 International Rallies

Back