• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Feeling like an outcast already

bigdelta

and I haven't even completed the swap of my 1150GS for a 650GS.There's so much out there for the "heads"(air,oil,hex) compared to the 650,it's amazing.
Sure the sheer numbers dictate that,but searching for parts and accessories,info and the like is a dearth compared to the "heads".What I find in any area is a fraction of what I'm used to seeing for the twins.:scratch
f650.com is a font of info so far.Non-plussed to say the least.

Just tried to get information about maintenance on my wife's new fz 6 Yamaha from an owners website and it took me three days to find out if the fuel disconnet would stop the flow of gas if I took it apart. I couldn't believe how fortunate we are that this website is so active with knowledgable and willing to help members.

It's because it's different. My love of boxer engines goes back a long way. Back in the 60s, I drove and repaired Corvairs. The world was full of parts and information on the small block Chevrolets but parts and information on Corvairs were rare. Mechanics wouldn't work on them and the aftermarket paid little attention to them. They were a great little car with a good boxer engine that was misunderstood and destroyed by the misinformation of Ralph Nader.

I was an outcast in my high school among the Novas, Chevelles, Corvettes, etc.

i'll still share a beer with you

(can you sit at a different table though)

We're exchanging bikes the day after Christmas

as i was moving the thread, i wondered if you would think that. :ha

when do you get the bike? we're gonna want pictures!

meeting in Florence,SC,which is about halfway between Ft Lauderdale(me) and West Chester,Pa.(him).My 1st ever bike swap-there's no end to the excitement.
Now the reason I'm swapping-the 1150 won't fit through the gate of the house I'm leasing in Merida,Mexico beginning April 1.But the 650 will.NO CACA.
I'll post pics of bike and house next week.

Shouldn't it be the F & G Forum

moving this over to the G an F subforum...

since were already 2nd class citizens (denizens) and were here 1st?
I would suggest the S & M Forum,but it would garner the most attention and you'd be a busy moderator.

Back