• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

It's 96 Right Now in Central Pennsylvania

Deep ties to Millheim?

More specifically, out closer to Aaronsburg and Woodward. I have a handful of really good friends, whom I've known for many years, all of whom have lived in the area for decades- most if not all of their adult lives. I don't hang out up there a whole lot, like I used to- but do try to get up that way every so often.

I used to love to go to Guy Zerby's old Triumph/BSA shop in Spring Mills (on PA rte 45). He had some pretty darn cool old bikes in there, that he had when his dealership closed down. BSAs and Triumphs among others, some of which had less than 100 miles on them- they were sitting on his showroom floor when he closed doors, and sat there for many many years afterwards, right up to his death AFAIK. I actually bought some parts off him a couple times, both for my own 79 T140E, and for a friend's BSA. Mr Zerby was a great old guy with a lot to talk about, and a couple buildings of new old stock.

I used to love to go to Guy Zerby's old Triumph/BSA shop in Spring Mills (on PA rte 45). He had some pretty darn cool old bikes in there, that he had when his dealership closed down. BSAs and Triumphs among others, some of which had less than 100 miles on them- they were sitting on his showroom floor when he closed doors, and sat there for many many years afterwards, right up to his death AFAIK. I actually bought some parts off him a couple times, both for my own 79 T140E, and for a friend's BSA. Mr Zerby was a great old guy with a lot to talk about, and a couple buildings of new old stock.

I believe a grandson is operating the place. I swear I recently saw the OPEN sign illuminated during a Saturday morning return trip from Millheim. Local lore has it that Lyle Lovett tried to buy one of Mr. Zerby's bikes, but he wouldn't sell......

I "think", based on what I've heard, he was originally a BSA and Matchless dealer. He was affiliated with the original Mr. Hermy (Port Clinton, PA BMW shop) and sold Moto Morini's for a few years.

Yeah I think you may be right about the grandson, I had heard that as well, and I know for sure the GS was working there in the coupe years prior to Mr Z's death. I'd always thought that all of those bikes were "for sale"- IF you afford the price. I heard thru the grapevine that someone bought them all after Mr Z passed away. (admittedly, this may be BS-as it is hearsay)

Never knew he had been affiliated with Hermy's. I pass thru Port Clinton every now and again, mostly on my way to Oley for the Antique meet in the spring. Port Clinton Hotel is a fave stop.

Rock bottom, your ride route 74/75/35/235/45/144/120/477/192/3007/104/11/850/34 includes some my local favorites. It's a wonder we never passed each other out there!

I always wondered about that place when I rode past on one of my favorite routes--from Carlisle, 74/75/35/235/45/144/120/477/192/3007/104/11/850/34

Try this

74/75/35/235/45/445/64W/1010Centre/26/1001Centre/1002Centre/4007Centre/144/120/1014Clinton/44/880/2002Clinton/477/192/3007/104/11/850/34

I may try that on Monday. I love it up there but I'm real particular about the gas I use--only Exxon, Shell, and Sunoco--so have to plan carefully. There is an Exxon on 144 in Snow Shoe but then nothing else until Lock Haven.

You're not riding a Sportster with a lawn mower size gas tank! In addition, PA isn't that big of a state.

If you fill-up at Bellefonte (Water Street Uni-Mart Exxon, PA 550) or Snow Shoe, you'll be fine until Lock Haven.

Back