• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Short tour to fall colors. Catskills, NY.

Donald_Duck

Challenger
Today, 10/8/07 Sunday, we took a ride to Hunter Mountains, NY at Catskills region, after a spontaneous decision with Wolney and Dave...

p1060320vd6.jpg

Fall was there... Mountains was put on new colors, as if every autumn you're in another forest. Must be my age or changing spirit.
Whatever, it still amazes me.

p1060323bu0.jpg

We stopped by next to this "Blue House" for a lunch at Hunter Town.

p1060332xjf4.jpg

Ripley at park

p1060337xjz1.jpg

It was a pretty nice restaurant. The Village Bistro...
We liked the terrace...

p1060335kd8.jpg

p1060326xzo1.jpg

Dave, me and Wolney... Three fellow riders for many years together...
We were missing Lars though, "ya know what I'm sayin' " :rolleyes:

Then we took the valley road to Phoenicia

Valley

p1060347pn7.jpg

Lake of "Damon's Table"
p1060350kd2.jpg

p1060354jr1.jpg

All colors there. Just incredible...

It was a 300miles smooth riding on all twisties of Catskills and upstate NY.

Nice job!

Nice ride report. I'm jealous, I didn't get in any riding last weekend and I probably won't be able to next weekend either.

Interesting, Michael and I went for a ride last week to Hunter Mountain for Oktoberfest, and ate at the exact same restauant (good restaurant). Did you ride County Route 16, in or out of Tannersville? If not you missed a good one!

Josh

Interesting, Michael and I went for a ride last week to Hunter Mountain for Oktoberfest, and ate at the exact same restauant (good restaurant). Did you ride County Route 16, in or out of Tannersville? If not you missed a good one!

Josh
Ohhh that is an excellent road! I was on it last year.

Beautiful colors. . .
Unfortunately it has been so dry here this summer that the leaves are going to just wither and drop without much color at all, bummer!

Thanks for sharing! Looks like a great day. We were planning on an overnight and a day of riding this weekend, but some of my fair weather friends are backing out due to the rain forcast........I'll probably miss the color, but won't miss having wet leaves under the tires!

Back