• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New R1150RT Electrical Schematic, ladder logic

Doug,

I know that these are a huge amount of work, thank you.

Most electrical problems can be diagnosed much quicker with these schematics than with the Clymer, Haynes or BMW disk.

RB

Doug,

I know that these are a huge amount of work, thank you.

Most electrical problems can be diagnosed much quicker with these schematics than with the Clymer, Haynes or BMW disk.

RB

Roger, thanks for your comments and drawings, a very big help in this project.

One ooops: I've tweaked the schematic (improving the Coding Plug info), but the changed PDF will not be there until tomorrow. So please don't print out yet. The final version will still be designated V3.1, but has a pink coding plug at bottom of p1.

Update 1/31: Correct version now in place.

Last edited:
Those of us who own twin-spark 1150s can thank Doug Raymond again. He has recently posted a twin-spark R1150RT electrical drawing. Neither Clymers nor Haynes ever added twin-spark detail. They also lack the correct fusing for headlights. Doug added the headlight grounding configuration, showing them grouped and grounded by a single wire.

Of course the biggest gain on this schematic is the wiring detail for the stick coils.

Although these schematics are for the RT models, the detailing of the Motronic inputs/outputs and other sensors related to starting and running are, to the best of my knowledge, the same.

RB

Link: Doug Raymond Ladder Logic Schematics for R1150RT Dual Spark, R1150RT and R1100RT

Thank you much for the addition of the wire colors to the PDF . I store them on Dropbox (online cloud storage). This way I can access the files from any computer ,smartphone,iPad,etc. anywhere at all. Very handy indeed!

Perry

I keep Doug's 1100 schematics PDF on my Android phone along with a paper copy tucked into a pouch on my tank bag. Pretty handy to have this on the road just in case.
I'm hoping for a wire colour update on the 1100 also. :p

Back