• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Greetings from New York's Hudson Valley

Stig

Tame Racing Driver
Hello, I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I have been a member of the MOA since 2008 when I bought an '08 F800ST. I recently traded that bike in and am currently riding an '09 R1200RT. I am a fan of both models, but found the F's wind protection and ergos less suited for all-day touring, which is what I really enjoy.

I have already learned a lot from lurking on this forum for a while ("oh, that's why I can't get my RT into gear!"). I am looking forward to becoming involved in the various discussions and maybe seeing more fellow Beemer riders out on the road!

Welcome and congrats on the new ride. I know you will love it.

There are a lot of MOA members in your area and several Chartered Clubs from which to choose. Most of them like to ride and eat. If you like to do either, or both, you will feel right at home.

Check out THIS LIST for some suggestions.

Good to have you! Nice bike the RT, and a good long distance machine. You mention you're looking forward to seeing Beemer riders on the road and that is a real pleasure. I wave like mad when I see one and it is generally returned in a like manner. I guess there is some good in being "exclusive" as there are not a lot of us out there!
JD

Hello, I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I have been a member of the MOA since 2008 when I bought an '08 F800ST. I recently traded that bike in and am currently riding an '09 R1200RT. I am a fan of both models, but found the F's wind protection and ergos less suited for all-day touring, which is what I really enjoy.

I have already learned a lot from lurking on this forum for a while ("oh, that's why I can't get my RT into gear!"). I am looking forward to becoming involved in the various discussions and maybe seeing more fellow Beemer riders out on the road!

Welcome aboard. There are a lot of very active riders in the Hudson Valley. I live near Saratoga Springs. Where do you call home?

Welcome aboard. There are a lot of very active riders in the Hudson Valley. I live near Saratoga Springs. Where do you call home?

Northern Westchester County, but I bought my RT up at Max BMW in Troy since they blew away the "deal" offered by my local dealer down here.

Next big events in this area:

• Americade in Lake George
  • Airhead rally in Dutchess County
The Airhead Rally is hosted by Mike Friedle - a rally organizer without peer.

Hope to see you at one of them. :wave

Northern Westchester County, but I bought my RT up at Max BMW in Troy since they blew away the "deal" offered by my local dealer down here.

I'm in the Danbury area...Welcome! I assume the "deal" from the local dealer was Cliff's? I bought my R11s from cliff...Got a good deal as it was a left over with some 80 demo miles on it...I looked at a Hypermotard there...It's their way or the highway. Gengras in Hartford may get my biz for that one...

Back