• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

GS Giant 2012 - MO bigga!

It's in the middle of somewhere in Arkansas, not too far from where the GS Gypsy Tour riders will be camping (and eating, partying and swimming in the Mulberry River.... )

This will be worth some points and if Bud Pearson happens to be around, get your picture with him for a few GS BS points. Watch out, though... Bud is said to bend your ear. :laugh

Thanks for this one goes to Troy Wolf, one of the Ozark boys that are helping lay out some routes. He's buddies with Ajayhawkfan... good peeps. :nod

PA012991.JPG

Looks like a fine spot to set a spell.

Where might one find out more about the camping facilities? I have a bad habit of not breathing when I am sleeping so I have a CPAP I have to take with me. :eek

Will there be just one camp site used as a base camp where we can leave a bunch of our gear?

Where do we pay up?

Where might one find out more about the camping facilities? I have a bad habit of not breathing when I am sleeping so I have a CPAP I have to take with me. :eek

Will there be just one camp site used as a base camp where we can leave a bunch of our gear?

Where do we pay up?

1. www.byrdsadventurecenter.com There are some sites with electric. Bring extension chords.

2.We will be there Sunday thru Wednesday morning.

3. See first post in this thread for signup and payment.

Hope to see you there.

Info gps routes etc gs giant

I know this question has been asked and the answer was just wait but I'm ready to start planning! LOL :thumb When should we see some type of packet and will it be mailed? WHUTZ UP:brow

Are you referring to the Gypsy Tour and GS Giant packet? If so, nothing will be mailed but it will be emailed out to you a week or so before the start date. This way, no one has an unfair advantage to earn points.

As we get closer, you will see many more posts about the event here, on Facebook, ADV, and hopefully the GSG website. There may even be a point scoring surprise or two and hints on how you can bribe the queen! :whistle

Oh, just saw your post count! Double welcome for posting here first!

Be sure to go over to the new members area and tell us about yourself and your ride!

A visit to the Gypsy Tour campground

Hi - got a chance to stop by Byrd's Adventure Center in Ozark, AR on the way home from the Adventure Summit in Utah. Unfortunately, I was in an RV and couldn't spend a day riding around. :(

The riding in this area is phenomenal, you really need to register and join the fun.

Here are a few pics to whet your appetite.

Your ride starts here with a stop-in at the Oark store. Getcha a burger.... :eat
IMG3619-XL.jpg

There will be a swimmin' hole....
IMG3576-XL.jpg

The scenery is somewhat unique.
IMG3569-XL.jpg

There is plenty of trail riding right at the campground. And wait until you see the surrounding area.
IMG3607-XL.jpg

IMG3602-XL.jpg

You're going to have a great time! :thumb

Ian

I heard Thursday that someone had stopped by to visit them.

did you see if there will be electric within 50'?? :)

Here's a glimpse of the "hard" route to Sedalia

The Ozark Boyz have been busy. They're putting together a track that runs about 65 miles of what you see below, with a route that takes a ferry across Lake of the Ozarks and then some nice Missouri backroads to the Rally.

You leave Byrd's and get into some fun stuff like this...
P4213604.JPG

Hike a short way out to the Glory Hole and getcha some GS BS points..
P4213616.JPG

Here's why the hard ride is a track and not a route. Garmin wouldn't draw the route through the river.
P4213606.JPG

Great job, Ozark boyz! :thumb

Gypsy Tour registrations are rolling in! The Queen is very pleased to see so many royal subjects returning to court! And so many new names too! Someone must be talking it up!

Back