• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I got Banned

I was PERMABANNED on 5/29/2008. Welcome to the forum. We have some great mods here, unlike the clique that seems to run the place over at ADV. Of course I am a special snowflake, Baldy himself did my ban. BTW, he is a liar.

http://advrider.com/forums/member.php?u=40066

I would say that there most definitely are double standards over at ADV when it comes to what's tolerated by people that post.

No big deal. There are some good threads and lots of good people over there, but mostly it's just not my cup o' tea.

As far as what's going on here....

Pretty much same ol', same ol'...but that's OK.

Not smoking anything

What are you smoking????:scratch

Baldy was doing with ADV what Facebook does with their site; only Baldy lied about it. The ones who drank the Kool Aid over there thought Baldy was running some sort of benevolent society where he used his own money to give riders this neat place to hang out. I was able to prove what he was doing with the data his site was harvesting from its members.

Showing that the Emperor has no clothes is a PERMABAN.

Baldy was doing with ADV what Facebook does with their site; only Baldy lied about it. The ones who drank the Kool Aid over there thought Baldy was running some sort of benevolent society where he used his own money to give riders this neat place to hang out. I was able to prove what he was doing with the data his site was harvesting from its members.

Showing that the Emperor has no clothes is a PERMABAN.

Harvesting the info and selling it to marketers? Or, something more nefarious?

I'm just curious.

Allegedly!! I had a fake n00b criticize a mod who banned a buddy...:D

I would have built the n00b (if I had mind you) originally, just to post newbies in JM...but..the SOTU address came up..so the n00b MAY have jumped in there..stirring a pot or two..then..BigMak got banned..apparently, this n00b called BS on it..

and they banned..ME! Go digger..lol

it's over on the 20th..

I would have built the n00b (if I had mind you) originally, just to post newbies in JM...but..the SOTU address came up..so the n00b MAY have jumped in there..stirring a pot or two..then..BigMak got banned..apparently, this n00b called BS on it..

it's over on the 20th..

Only if this has any meaningful redeeming value, would someone please translate it for me? Thanks.

it's over on the 20th..
My guess is-
Theoretically, vegasgsa was accused of-
creating a fake account (New Guy- n00b) to criticize one of the mods who had banned a buddy of his.....
If vegasgsa had done the fake n00b, he would have done it just for the reaction n00bs get when they post in Jo Mamma at ADV....
Apparently the State of the Union Address came on and the fake n00b's thread went astray due to lack of attention but came back with added zeal....
Things really went off the rails and BigMak got banned and pretty much the whole thing was blamed on the fake n00b, resulting in the ban.

This translation brought to you by the Ronco pocket interweb phonic translator. Ronco assumes no liability for accuracy due to interweb dialect, accents or customs. :D

My guess is-
Theoretically, vegasgsa was accused of-
creating a fake account (New Guy- n00b) to criticize one of the mods who had banned a buddy of his.....
If vegasgsa had done the fake n00b, he would have done it just for the reaction n00bs get when they post in Jo Mamma at ADV....
Apparently the State of the Union Address came on and the fake n00b's thread went astray due to lack of attention but came back with added zeal....
Things really went off the rails and BigMak got banned and pretty much the whole thing was blamed on the fake n00b, resulting in the ban.

This translation brought to you by the Ronco pocket interweb phonic translator. Ronco assumes no liability for accuracy due to interweb dialect, accents or customs. :D

Who needs Google Translator when we've got Omega?

He'll, I would ban him just for being an attention wh..., needing to post about being banned on one of the most tolerant motorcycle forums around.

My understanding of a "fake noob" is a second account opened by someone who has been banned, or even by someone who may want to argue with himself or incognito with others.

My question is:
How does the site know you have 2 accounts?
If they do it by IP address, why couldn't you have a "fake noob" that resides at work or the library?

it's over on the 20th..

Trying to figure this paragraph out reminds me of this.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0izlnjoUYy8 Jump ahead to the 55 second mark.

If you can understand the OP's paragraph, then you probably fully comprehend the Entabulator:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xUflk0NAFeo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you can understand the OP's paragraph, then you probably fully comprehend the Entabulator:
I actually built one when I was six. It had 3 kenniffiler pins and an asbestos muffler bearing. Market conditions, being as they are, precluded the usage of asbestos and the reformulated "mercury" ring with 2-4D stabilizing fortifier reduced the cost to "that's too cheap to work" status and nobody would buy it. :dunno
I still think I have 3 or 4 in the garage.
:D

Back