• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motels near Deal's Gap

C

cwoflyboy

I'm taking a ride through the mountains of TN & N.C. in mid-October. I'd like to spend a night near Deal's Gap. I'd prefer something low cost. Any suggestions?
Thanks and take care.
Dale/cwoflyboy

I'm taking a ride through the mountains of TN & N.C. in mid-October. I'd like to spend a night near Deal's Gap. I'd prefer something low cost. Any suggestions?
Thanks and take care.
Dale/cwoflyboy

Mid October is prime time in WNC....rooms could be hard to find, so prepare to get reservations and use camping as option....

here is link to Tail of the Dragon, they have links to the whole area and great rescource web site.

For accomadations check Click HERE

The third weekend, there will be a BMW group at Ironhorse Lodge, www.ironhorsenc.com make plans to check us out and join the fun.

www.thechaletinn.com

This is a beautiful B&B run by some very nice and accommodating folks. It's about 40 miles from the Gap but the roads are worth the trip to get there. We stayed here for three days in June and can't wait to go back.

A word of caution tho. They are located up a steep driveway. When we left, they were getting ready to pave it. You may want to find out if they did first. It was a bit of a challenge for me at the time.

Thanks and take care.
Dale/cwoflyboy

check out www.eurotrashriders.com they list a bunch of motorcycle campgrounds in the TN NC SC GA VA area.

My wife and I stayed at the San-Ran Motel in Robbinsville last time we went to Deal's Gap. The owner was friendly and the price was right.

I stayed at the San-Ran. Very friendly - he told me to pull my bike up onto the sidewalk under the overhang if it rains. I'll be back there some say.

Low budget, compared to the others in the area.

Across the other side of the BBQ joint is a Microtel which I've heard good things about.

Couldn't get into the 2 wheel in with provate garages. They are booked well in advance.

If you want a little peace, I would recommend the Robbinsville motels rather than Deal's Gap or some of the others.

I stayed in Townsend when I went down there. Beautiful ride to the Gap or the Cherohala, nice quiet town, and a number of motels. I was surprised that getting week day reservations in October was not a problem. By the way, it's also very close to the Cades Cove entrance to the park.

I've stayed at the "Punkin' Center" resort, about 2 miles from Deals Gap. They have camp sites as well as individual cabins. Cabins are cozy, but serve their purpose well. Also, the office has an eatery/bar and a nice covered deck to sit under while it rains.. Great people and good times.:thumb

I stayed at the Deals gap Motorcycle Resort a couple of weeks ago. Economical and located right at start/end of Dragon. Convenient to Cherhola Skyway and Hwy 28 as well as BRP. Rooms are comfortable, great chance to visit with many other riders. Food is an issue if you do not plan to eat early.

Beautiful area with great riding. Hope you have a good trip.

Great information. There was a large article in the Des Moines Register this morning about Deals Gap and riding in the Smokey Mountain National Parkway. Can't wait to venture down next year.

Just returned from four days in the Deal's Gap area. I always stay at the Tapoco Lodge, but they are booked solid thru their closing at the end of Oct.. They advise any room would be tough to find in late Oct. Tons of motel rooms in the area though, expect you could find something.

Thanks and take care.
Dale/cwoflyboy

I stayed at the Deals Gap motorcycle resort last weekend. Not very luxurious but very close to the action. Robbinsville had many places to stay and quite a few places to eat. If you get real hard pressed to find something stay near the knoxville airport. The ride to the dragon on US 129 from knoxville starts out fun and ends GREAT!

Check out the Maggie Valley area. Several nice motels, mostly mom and pop type places. Same for the restaurants. Prices are good and the area is really nice. Folks there are very motorcycle friendly. Nice quiet are, but not far from any action you may want to get in on.

Back