• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Quiet Please

reachfar

I'm looking for a full face helmet that's comfortable and quiet. Any advise? Best ear plugs?

Thanks,
Reachfar :ear

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets/motorcycle-helmets.htm

Read the reviews for over 200 helmets. Each review includes an indication of Noise Level as well as Ventilation, Eye Port Visibility, and Internal shape.

Ear plugs, like helmets, are a personal fit item. What is best for me may be terrible for you. I've had good luck with pffog's recommendation of www.earplugsonline.com. Might not be the quietest (don't know) but they are the most comfortable in that they conform to the shape of my ears even better than custom plugs. My custom plugs hurt after about 3-4 hours. I can wear these all day long.

Last edited:
Schuberth is comfortable as long as your the right head shape and one of the quietest helmets on the market

Jason

Me too.

I'm trying to overcome my cheapness but I cannot justify a Schuberth, good grief.

HJC has come out with a new one that's designed to be quiet.
I will still have to save up for it.

To my knowledge these are the only ones actually engineered to be quiet.
And the only ones to make a claim as to noise level.

Shuberth for me also. The price of the C3 has been dropped since the C3 Pro came out. They say the pro has a better fit for ones that the C3 did not fit very well. I had some fit issues, but the people at Shuberth got me squared away when they sent me a C2 liner. No problems now. Like the helmet. Good luck on your search.......
John

I'm looking for a full face helmet that's comfortable and quiet. Any advise? Best ear plugs?

Thanks,
Reachfar :ear

I believe the first reply by Marchman was spot on. Earplugs (when you find ones that work for you) pretty much take "helmet noise" out of the equation. When you are looking at helmets, be sure to consider fit (#1 priority for both safety and comfort, so if at all possible, wear the helmet that seems best around the store for a good half hour,) availability of Pinlock so you don't have a fogged shield, and ventilation.

I love my Shoei RF-1000 and also love custom ear plugs, except for the fact that the right one (have two pair) is too easily dislodged when donning the helmet, so have gone back to a disposable plug in the right ear. But that is MY head and MY ears, not yours.

Best of luck finding a quiet and affordable solution to a very real problem.

I bought a Shoei Neotec at the BMW Rally in NE FL this January. It is replacing an HJC that I've used for the past 5 years. It is quieter than the HJC IS MAX and will be used when I ride out to Salem, OR this July. I have a full face Shoei for cold weather but prefer a modular helmet in warmer weather. After over7k miles in July across the northern plains over the rockies to the Pacific coast returning to FL via Co, NM, and TX I will comment on how well this helmet performs.
RIDE SAFE

My quietest helmet is a Shoei Qwest, but I wear my Neotec more. I wear earplugs 95% of the time I ride so even my loud Nolan N-103 didn't bother me.

Back