• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a pic of your Airhead

6968542458_0a9eef0299_b.jpg

My '84 R100 "CS"

In 1994, i drove a backroad home I'd never traveled before (or since) and saw this machine parked on the front lawn with a "For Sale" sign on it. I made it a mile before turning around. A half hour later, I owned it, a like new, dealer made CS CA bike with 10k miles, cad plating still on the fasteners, Krausers, original tool kit and a tank bag. A continuing, happy relationship. Even the infamous diode board taking a dump on the way home from AMA Vintage Days made for a happy memory. Brings a smile to my face every time I swing a leg over it.

Attachments

• misc fall 011 bmw 080 2.jpg
    misc fall 011 bmw 080 2.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 975
Airheads are forever!

with my father and brother in 1974, to my kids in 2012, same bike just replaced the usual consumables and new tranny in 1998.

GREAT job:thumb!!

Proof once again that Airheads never die - they just get new owners!! AND it looks like the future owners are almost ready. ;)

GREAT job:thumb!!

Proof once again that Airheads never die - they just get new owners!! AND it looks like the future owners are almost ready. ;)

Both my kids love the bikes, every time I open the garage they'r all over them before I even turn my back. :thumb:dance I am lucky, it is surely in their blood.

76 R75/6 project off the lift

After 2 1/2 years my R75/6 project is finally off the lift. Have a few more things to do but it is finally ready for some "road work". :) Looking at some of the other projects, other members have undertaken, mine really wasn't that bad.

P5170440.jpg

This was before:

NewprojectR75_6.jpg

AND taken today on it's first 110 mile run:

P5210153.jpg

It gets new fluids, a double check carb sync and will be ready for a serious road run. Trail Ridge Road anyone? ;).

Last edited:
Super!!

After 2 1/2 years my R75/6 project is finally off the lift. Have a few more things to do but it is finally ready for some "road work". :) Looking at some of the other projects, other members have undertaken, mine really wasn't that bad.

P5170440.jpg

This was before:

NewprojectR75_6.jpg

Super job & looks great! A breath of fresh air & good for another 40 years & 250,000 miles at least! "So many roads, so little time"!!
GJBIV

92 r100rs

The last year of the RS painted in the anniversary colors. Just turned 20,000 miles. She's kept in excellent running condition and of course ridden only on rural roads and sunny days.

Attachments

• Pics May 2012 004.jpg
    Pics May 2012 004.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 832
Ready for Memorial Day riding and remembering all who have served and are serving our Country!:usa

Attachments

• 312862_309504855746214_100000601071503_1178312_844745784_n.jpg
    312862_309504855746214_100000601071503_1178312_844745784_n.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 811
BB... what tire(s) are those?! Mui aggressive tread! Looks like you're planning on some unimproved road work.

And is that 1-inhch header tape you're using (my old /5 desperately needs new headers, but that ain't gonna happen any time soon) ?

Belatedly posting a pic of my 83 R100RS. Not as pristine as many but I hope to remedy that over the next several months. I got it a couple months ago from my brother in Colorado. I've only ridden it a couple hundred miles so far. I'd like to ride it more but it's just too friggin' hot...112 today.

IMG_1062.jpg

I believe it's pretty much stock but if anyone sees something that's not, please let me know...I haven't seen any others up close. I do have the hard cases for it.

Also, anyone know if it's possible to put different handlebars on it? The current ones are a bit too far forward for me. Maybe I'll get used to them eventually. I'd also like to find some mirror extenders so I can see something more than my elbows.

Anyway, there she is...

Back