• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ten years ago

rob nye

Ritalin Poster Boy
Ten years ago myself, K-Basa, Kanary, Fish and Visian rolled out the MOA forum. If I forgot someone my apologies, my memory isn't what it used to be. ;)

IIRC Visian was the one who kicked out butts into action; thanks Ian!

On one hand it's hard to believe it's been this long, on the other it seems like a blink of an eye.

Happy 10th to the forum and all who participate.

I can find 10 members who have a join date prior to 3/15/2003, actually 9 because one appears to be associated with smugmug. Ted Verrill, Greg Feeler, and Don Deilenberger are among this group...not sure if they were part of the team that set up the forum.

Happy anniversary! And many thanks and kudos to everyone involved in starting and maintaining this great forum. :thumb

pete
R1200RT

I can find 10 members who have a join date prior to 3/15/2003, actually 9 because one appears to be associated with smugmug. Ted Verrill, Greg Feeler, and Don Deilenberger are among this group...not sure if they were part of the team that set up the forum.

Some were early Admins / Mods; others were asked to be beta testers and each one was indispensable.

I can't believe I forgot about Ted, he's the father of our web presence.

I didn't join until June of 2003 probably because I was spending time on other motorcycle forums.

Then I came here and found out the advantages of reading and posting on a forum that's dedicated to the BMW marque and the MOA in particular.

Great work, founders of the forum!
:clap

Thousands of us appreciate the hard work you guys put in to get this thing going!
My anniversary is a bit later this year.:groovy

Join Date 08-01-2003

You guys did great! This forum rocks, it did then and it still does today.

Thanks for all the hard work and expertise that was put in to make it all happen.

There are many unsung hero's working behind the scene who give much, but never post patting themselves on the back. Props to those silent volunteers who continue to keep the wheels turning today. The current moderators, admins, programmers, The MOA Board etc.. In the 15 years I've been a MOA member I am always blown away by those who volunteer so often and never draw attention to themselves for it, but they turn the crank and smile and you'd never know how many big rocks they move, and make others feel welcome while doing it.

There is nothing wrong with patting yourself on the back, just be careful, you might hurt your arm.. :stick

A job well done everyone.. keep up the good work!

Thanks to all the individuals who worked to make this Forum happen. :thumb

I certainly appreciate the advice that I have received on this site during my eight years of use. :dance

I wonder.....

....has the wealth of opinion and advice saved me countless dollars... or have I spent way more because of knowledge & opportunity? .:scratch

Ah !!!

....just purchased a Sweepstakes ticket. That was opportunity wasn't it??? Smart & $100 bucks shorter at the same time... damm forum! .:)

There are many unsung hero's working behind the scene who give much, but never post patting themselves on the back.

You're right. There have been literally hundreds of people who have volunteered in some way - to create content, or code, or admin and moderation work, or database and ecommerce applications - that have contributed to the MOA's web presence over the past 17 years.

Thanks to everyone.

Rob's post certainly was more to observe an important anniversary than it was to seek accolades. :nod

Ian

Kurt, Ted's role was as curmudgeonly advisor, Don E. was pontificator. That Feeler guy was pretty much kept parked in a corner so he'd stay out of trouble. :ha

I am glad you folks took the time to do this. MOA membership is great, but the forum is the icing on the cake.

Thank you .

Back