• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Seller warning

Hi Tom,
I've run into similar problems recently as I sold a couple of trailers and a scooter.
First clue is if they ask if the "item" is still for sale. Never mention bike or trailer, etc. A positive reply to that question goes right into making arrangements for a shipper and offering more money for the "inconvenience" of dealing with an agent. 90% of the addresses were gmail.
I no longer reply to them, they go right to the blocked/junk setting.

I had a neighbor who once told me people who die in motorcycle crashes usually deserve it. I thought that was a pretty stupid thing to say.

I had a neighbor who once told me people who die in motorcycle crashes usually deserve it. I thought that was a pretty stupid thing to say.

Sheesh. I'm sure it's true in .0000000000000000012% of the cases.

The people who fall prey to them, usually deserve it.

Wow, you sure sound like a nice guy.
shake.gif

Jerry is a nice guy! His tong n' cheek humor is a lot like mine...sometimes understood, sometimes not. FWIW Jerry, I got it.

Jerry, a lot of us who might get that you were being humorous sitting around a campfire when we could hear your voice and see your face, DON'T get it in a post.

Something to consider. If you want us to take your remarks as funny rather than just plain stupid, you have to be a bit clearer, or only your friends will understand.

The people who fall prey to them, usually deserve it.
I'll be a bit less subtle: Back in the 1960's(when I was young and slightly more trusting) I gave a guy a deposit of $25 on a Brit bike, which I remember to be a 650 Triumph. Anyway, when I went back he said it was sold & tough luck on the deposit. I went to the law (instead of other coarser means) & they said your word against mine. So you say I deserved him? There have been a few others over the years, like the guy that stole my Ducati in 1968 after giving directions to my home. I suppose that was my fault too? ( I know, never direct someone to your home is your way of dealing...
In ebay trading & as one thats done many long distance deals I find it to be the real world out there & still trust most people in reasonable ways-are you suggesting distrust as a common thread in all transactions? Come on , it's a tough world but lets not make it worse :scratch:violin

I don't think he is saying distrust everyone......just that we need to be trusting but verify. And when you do as much diligence as you can still be prepared for the worst. Just my two cents.

Went for a ride

Sorry I took a shot "across the bow" and then left for a ride; but it was a beautiful day here on the coast.

I too have been "taken"; and EVERY time after I looked at my actions...I deserved to get screwed. I grew up with 7 uncles and a smart dad. They gave me the tools to live a smart life; but of course, sometimes I either forgot their words or ignored them.

I have never gone to the police to correct an injustice against me; but I have traveled for more than a day to "settle a score". I am one of those that gets mad and then gets even.

I would wager that most of us have been on the losing end of a deal because we did not follow the good advice of others or even went against our own "gut feelings".

I have sold over 500 items on ebay and have had "buyers" fail to pay, complain about items "not as described" when the picture clearly showed the damage and the damage was in the listing. I know there are stupid people out there and there are crooks. I think I actually prefer the crooks; at least they know they are a crook, stupid people often think they are quite smart.

Jerry is a nice guy! His tong n' cheek humor is a lot like mine...sometimes understood, sometimes not. FWIW Jerry, I got it.
Not to dig Jerry's hole deeper but it is very easy to get scammed,esp. in today's world(which is far larger than a few years back!!!) thus, when it happens it's flat out pissy to say I/we deserved it! Yes I've been scammed & no it wasn't my 1st trip around the block! As a certified curmudgeon I do understand various kinds of "dark humor". Now, I'll move on to being willing to say OK, I'm over my say.:blah
Jerry,I hope we can meet at the "campfire" as it will be fun for all.

Back