• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Mt. Greylock Saturday October 10th

Semper_Fi

Honey Badger
Sorry for the short notice but trying to squeeze in a ride between business trips.

Looking at going to Mt. Greylock area for lunch on Saturday.

Here's the thing - I don't know the area to know of a good place to suggest to meet for lunch.

Weather is supposed to be partly cloudy in the 50's

Who wants to meet there, and where?

Luis

Sounds like a possibility! Don't know where to eat around there either, I usually end up at DD's. I do recall that there is a hot dog diner of some sorts in N Adams.

Sounds like a possibility! Don't know where to eat around there either, I usually end up at DD's. I do recall that there is a hot dog diner of some sorts in N Adams.

I had a great breakfast at the Red Carpet Restaurant, 69 Park St, Adams, MA‎, at the end of September last year. Small store front place and I don't recall if there is a lunch counter or not, but there could have been. Good food, inexpensive.

Even if the Greylock road was open, there wasn't much point of going up the mountain that day.

3984632028_13b7150e04_b.jpg

This October day in 2006 was a much better choice (view to the west):

3984647984_32611d15a4_b.jpg

Wish I could go. Was there week before road opened in the spring. A few miles east of town on rte 2 on the Hairpin turn is a lunch spot with a great view. Forget the name but you can't miss it

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=mount+greylock,ma&daddr=MA-2%2FMohawk+Trail&hl=en&geocode=%3BFbKwiwId0CWl-w&gl=us&mra=ls&sll=42.681552,-73.086033&sspn=0.058554,0.154324&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=42.67157,-73.117905&spn=0.0752,0.10989&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=embed&saddr=mount+greylock,ma&daddr=MA-2%2FMohawk+Trail&hl=en&geocode=%3BFbKwiwId0CWl-w&gl=us&mra=ls&sll=42.681552,-73.086033&sspn=0.058554,0.154324&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=42.67157,-73.117905&spn=0.0752,0.10989" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Semper & Gail,
I'll be in the area Sat. , either on another ride or with my nephew out on our bikes.
Gail - have not seen ya since Johnson City at the YB tent :nyah over drinks, with your daughter...........
PM me for a cell #

Semper & Gail,
I'll be in the area Sat. , either on another ride or with my nephew out on our bikes.
Gail - have not seen ya since Johnson City at the YB tent :nyah over drinks, with your daughter...........
PM me for a cell #

Great - I am keeping my eye on this thread as it develops; and try to collate a plan as things progress.

Luis

Luis,

Got your PM, I might be persuaded to go if I can knock a couple things off the "honey-do" list before then ;)

Last time I was out there it was with the COG guys a few years back in a cold rainstorm, see the pic below! I remember we went down off the mountain and rode to someplace not too far away for food but I doubt I would be able to find it now. There are places to eat in the area, can't vouch for how good they are though.

I assume you'd be heading out RT 2 from 495? if so, maybe we can plan to meet up somwhere around there, perhaps MotoMarket in Acton??

Attachments

• DSCF0014.jpg
    DSCF0014.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 159
Ken - sounds like a plan - let's stay in touch.

I am goign to find out if my wife is going to take her bike or not.

The Rte 2 route sounds good

BTW - great picture looks inviting :thumb
Luis

My wife and I are planning on coming out. Got coverage for the store and looks like a go. Maybe we should all meet at the top of the mountain between 11:30 and noon and then we can go find someplace to eat from there.

Steve - great idea.

My wife will be going to.

We are checking the gps for eateries and will post later once we finish some searches.

Luis

i had a killer breakfast burrito at mcdonalds in Adams back in august:nyah

but if you can get to Jack's Hot Dog Stand it's cool, but be warned, it's got weird hours, from what i recall. you probably won't need to bring more than 8 dollars. there's also a good mexican place in williamstown, coyote flaco, i think, it's on 43, just a left off 2 as it goes through the college.

Bubba
Are you in!!! Still rooting for the Soxs, how's NYC, gotta date for your wedding !
Luis & I are in - Luis is checking on RTRyder
Time & place - 495/2, 495/2A ?

joe

My wife will be joining us. :clap

She also found this place Freight Yard Pub Link

It looks like the crew from the east part of Mass (119240 (Joe)/RTRyder (Ken), my wife (Annemarie) and myself) will be meeting at the junction of 2 and 2A - there is a gas station there.

More can meet here or we can pick up/meet up with others along the way, if the routes converge.

From RTRyder's (Ken) information it is about a 3 hour ride from there, so I say we should meet at 800 and gather those who want to meet us and then take off at 830am.

That way we should be able to meet the rest at the top of Mt Greylock between 1130 and 1200

A rough plan would be to meet Oldhway (Steve) and others at Mt. Greylock as planned - Once there we can take a nice break, pictures etcetera and then head over to the place

The restaurant is 9.3 miles (24 minutes away) - according to google maps.

If this restaurant is appealing, I can call ahead and see if they take reservations, and if they do, reserve a couple of tables.

Luis

Garmin mapsource route says 116 miles and 2 hours 32 minutes to the northern end of the summit road from the meeting point at Rt 2 and 2A. I'm going to load the route into my Zumo and I'll add a route from the summit to the Freight Yard Pub as well. According to Mapsource, we'll be going almost right by the pub on the way up to the summit, it's on a side street off the route to Greylock Mountain road.

Now all we need is for the weather to cooperate, I'd really like to be able to get some pictures of something other than the parking lot at the summit this time!

Bubba
Are you in!!! Still rooting for the Soxs, how's NYC, gotta date for your wedding !
Luis & I are in - Luis is checking on RTRyder
Time & place - 495/2, 495/2A ?

joe

hmmm, we'll have to see, was up that way last weekend, sorta. nyc's good, saw the soxs in enemy territory for the last regular season game against the yanks last week. date, hmmm, sept 2010'ish??:D

Garmin mapsource route says 116 miles and 2 hours 32 minutes to the northern end of the summit road from the meeting point at Rt 2 and 2A. I'm going to load the route into my Zumo and I'll add a route from the summit to the Freight Yard Pub as well. According to Mapsource, we'll be going almost right by the pub on the way up to the summit, it's on a side street off the route to Greylock Mountain road.

Now all we need is for the weather to cooperate, I'd really like to be able to get some pictures of something other than the parking lot at the summit this time!

I get just about the same thing for the Mobil to the restaurant.

Restaurant to the top of Mt. Greylock (mapsource) shows 28 miles in 47 minutes

So by going wheels up at 830 (from the Mobil) and assume 47 minutes to the top of the mountain (from restaurant) will put us there around 1145 baring any additonal stops .

The only things I would throw out there to the folks who are going, are:

A) stop at the restaurant to eat then go to Greylock

B) go to Greylock - do Greylock things and then head down to the restaurant.

This is mainly to gauge the lunch, and if they do take reservations, an approximate time i can provide the management.

Luis

I get just about the same thing for the Mobil to the restaurant.

Restaurant to the top of Mt. Greylock (mapsource) shows 28 miles in 47 minutes

I have it mapped as total distance of 8.9 miles and approx 19 minutes time from the summit. The route is basically go back down the mountain the same way we came up (assuming we go up from the north side at the intersection of Notch and Reservoir roads) and the pub is in North Adams on a side street near the intersection of Rt 2 and Rt 8.

If you go down the mountain to the south from the summit and then loop back up to the north I get a route of approx 22.5 miles, but part of it appears to be dirt roads from the bottom of Rockwell road over to West Mountain and Curran :confused:

I think I figured it out, you're going over to RT 7 and down to the southern end where the visitors center is, that route comes up as 27.7 miles and about 47 minutes. If we go that way I'd suggest do the summit first and then go to eat as it's only 9 miles from the summit down to the pub if you keep going north.

Last edited:
Back