• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

This thread is going to be stale and unimaginative, don't look.

uh.........WHAT?!
I believe he posted:
Rasbutan said:
We start, then, with nothing, pure zero. But this is not the nothing of negation. For not means other than, and other is merely a synonym of the ordinal numeral second. As such it implies a first; while the present pure zero is prior to every first. The nothing of negation is the nothing of death, which comes second to, or after, everything. But this pure zero is the nothing of not having been born. There is no individual thing, no compulsion, outward nor inward, no law. It is the germinal nothing, in which the whole universe is involved or foreshadowed. As such, it is absolutely undefined and unlimited possibility -- boundless possibility. There is no compulsion and no law. It is boundless freedom.

Charles S. Peirce, "Logic of Events" (1898)
I just thought I would add nothing.

You..you...Beemerheads!

You push this thread, you push and push and push..

You leave nothing unexposed!

You leave nothing

uncertian..

there you go pushing and shoving it to the edge of the cliff, to fall into the abyss

into nothing!!!

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING?

You took somthing nice and quaint AND DID NOTHING TO IT!

What were you think; NOTHING?!

Now look what you got here...absoulutely nuthin!

Hey when my daddy said "when you do something, do it the best you know how"
Well ain't that what I am doing and wesa doing? Beemers are good for nothing, low down %&*^$#@. so there. (told him, didn't I?):)

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

-Robert Frost

The Book

I once owned a book titled " The Wit and Wisdom of Spiro T. Agnew".
Every page was blank . . . nothing. I thought it seriously over stated the man's intellect which was nothing. Dubya is writing his memoirs and has been accused of plagiarising Spiro's book, but there's nothing to be done about it.

This thread will live forever as there's nothing to stop it, and there's such a vast amount of nothing in this universe, that . . .:snore

Once you bring up politics, it becomes something. Thusly, not belonging here.
Thank you,
The Non-management

;)

Y'know Roy, I'm sure I could fill a book with a couple hundred pages of nothing. I'll bet that you could too. Maybe we should get together and call ourselves an Institute. Whadya say?.....

Hi James Happy New Year! :wave

Believe me when I tell you that nothing I know would fill a book.
So, no problem.
I'll get us something to drink. while we work.

What the hell !

If I'm going to catch up with the mind numbing number of posts people have, this thread is is a good as place as any.
:drink The holiday's are starting to come back to me now....:drink

Leave it to a German

" Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. "

--- Einstein :german

Y'know Roy, I'm sure I could fill a book with a couple hundred pages of nothing. I'll bet that you could too. Maybe we should get together and call ourselves an Institute. Whadya say?.....

...you may know somebody in a similar situation, or you may be in a similar situation, and if your in a situation like that there's only one thing you can do and that's walk into the shrink wherever you are ,just walk in say "Shrink, here is a whole lot of nothing, in the stale and unimaginative thread.". And walk out. You know, if one person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick and they'll take him away. And if two people, two people do it, in harmony, they may think they're both crazy and they'll take both of them away. And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in talking about the stale and unimaginative thread and walking out. They may think it's an organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day,I said fifty people a day walking in talking about the stale and unimaginative thread and walking out. And friends they may thinks it's a movement.

And that's what it is. The Stale and Unimaginative thread movement, and all you got to do to join is sign about it the next time it comes around on the guitar (or just post a lot of nothing). With feeling. So we'll wait for it to come around on the guitar, here and sing it when it does. Here it comes.

You can get nothing you want, in the Stale and Unimaginative Thread
You can get nothing at all, in the Stale and Unimaginative Thread
Sign right in to the campfire forum
just a forum away from "Don't Go there"
You can get nothing at all, in the Stale and Unimaginative Thread

(massive apologies to Arlo Guthrie)...

Note to Metzger

Your'e killin' me, man. Just when I thought that I had out-nothinged you, you done went and out-nothinged me. That's like a double negative over nothing.

THIS WILL NOT STAND!!! This un-warranted assault on my nothingness, I'll have none of this.

My theme song for this thread

Your'e killin' me, man. Just when I thought that I had out-nothinged you, you done went and out-nothinged me. That's like a double negative over nothing.

THIS WILL NOT STAND!!! This un-warranted assault on my nothingness, I'll have none of this.

When I was seventeen I dreamed of being king and
Having everything I wanted
But that was long ago and
My dreams did not unfold so
I'm still the king of nothing

When I was seventeen I dreamed I gave a ring to
A pretty queen and then I held her
But that was slumber's fault for
I have no love at all and
I'm still the king of nothimg

If I could rule I'd dance my cares away
Find romance every day
I wouldn't have to listen to this poor fool say
I'm the king
I'm the king
I'm the king of nothing

If I could rule I'd dance my cares away
Find romance every day
I wouldn't have to listen to this poor fool say
I'm the king
I'm the king
I'm the king of nothing

If only I could have found the video of this ("King of Nothing" by Seals and Crofts, if you don't know) on youtube...

cgon33l.jpg

I went to the cupboard for coffee,
but none did I see.
I went to the bathroom to brush my hair,
But, again, nothing was there.
So, I turned on the TV,
But nothing of interest was there for me.
In desperation, I came here.
All this nothingness, will drive me, I fear,
To turn to drinking, but alas, I'm out of beer.
So, I guess there's nothing for me to do,
But compose these silly poems to be read by you.

Hold the applause. It was nothing.
Tom

Back