• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Introduction

P

pcarfan

Hi All,
Just joined and so it's time to introduce myself. I'm Roger, just picked up an 83 R100T about a month ago and have been slowly going through it. Last airhead was 20 years ago. Wow, time flies. Last one was also an 83 but an RT Last Edition. Wish I'd kept that one, oh well. Have had bunches of bike since then including a K100LT and RT1150.

Current bike sat for several years and so the carbs are getting a good cleaning as we speak, did fork seals and fluids a couple of days ago, next is tires waiting to go on and then maybe paint. It's a T that has been converted to an S/CS. Was hoping to find a true CS but this one came up so here we are. Looking forward to doing some touring on this gal.

Cheers,
Roger

Welcome to the forum. Don't be bashful about posting some pictures of your mount. I'm sure a bunch of us would love to see.

Happy Riding,

Hey, hey. Welcome.
Hope the relatively mild weather of Northern CA's treating you right. Great place.
+1 on the photo request

Thank you for the welcome. I'll give some pics a try. This is the night she came home.

Attachments

• P1020505.jpg
    P1020505.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 90
Some cleaning, a little painting and checking the mechanicals.

Attachments

• P1020542.jpg
    P1020542.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 92
Back together and running quite nicely. Still have a bunch of stuff, new tires, brake lines and a red/smoke paint job but enjoying her a bunch right now.

Attachments

• P1020593.jpg
    P1020593.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 92
Hi All,
Just joined and so it's time to introduce myself. I'm Roger, just picked up an 83 R100T about a month ago and have been slowly going through it. Last airhead was 20 years ago. Wow, time flies. Last one was also an 83 but an RT Last Edition. Wish I'd kept that one, oh well. Have had bunches of bike since then including a K100LT and RT1150.

Current bike sat for several years and so the carbs are getting a good cleaning as we speak, did fork seals and fluids a couple of days ago, next is tires waiting to go on and then maybe paint. It's a T that has been converted to an S/CS. Was hoping to find a true CS but this one came up so here we are. Looking forward to doing some touring on this gal.

Cheers,
Roger

Welcome to the club! Nothing like an airhead revival project over the winter to get your hands and head back into the game. Beautiful bike from the photo - good luck getting it running sweet, and again - good to have you as a member.

Welcome to the club! Nothing like an airhead revival project over the winter to get your hands and head back into the game. Beautiful bike from the photo - good luck getting it running sweet, and again - good to have you as a member.

Thanks!

Wait a minute! You live in Sacramento - you don't have winter there! :brow

LOL, yeah, it's pretty mild here all things considered. Does get down in the high twenties every now and a again so we have four seasons but not too bad, no snow. Rode the R on errands for a couple hours yesterday, first time on freeway with her and she did well. Checking the valves again today, the exhausts were tight so need to watch them.

LOL, yeah, it's pretty mild here all things considered. Does get down in the high twenties every now and a again so we have four seasons but not too bad, no snow. Rode the R on errands for a couple hours yesterday, first time on freeway with her and she did well. Checking the valves again today, the exhausts were tight so need to watch them.

Well, I went for a ride today as well: met some friends for breakfast and coffee early, then picked up a package, and then a doctor's appointment. It was 15 degrees when I left, and we'll have a high today of 39. Actually, that's about normal for here this time of year - it's just that we often have snow, too. Not much - just enough to make it so you can't ride, but this year so far it's been very dry. Bikes run better in the cold air. :evil

Welcome to the Club

That's a fine looking ride. I'm in South Texas so we ride year around here. I can't imagine riding in 15 degree weather though . You the man! Enjoy the Club.

dwb:usa

Hi All,

Cheers,
Roger

Does your user name pcarnut mean you enjoy certain German cars too?

Back