• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R100 Cafe Racer Build Thread R100CCR

Chris Bunch?

Nope, Mike Bishop.

His name is on the front page of the performance section you posted up.

I conferred with him & he said yes, that was him, The first of 30 or so he wrote for Clymer. He also wrote the manual for the Norton Commando & said that was his favorite of all he worked on there.

Mike wrote a book more recently about how to build a traditional AV-8, among other things.

Nope, Mike Bishop.

His name is on the front page of the performance section you posted up.

I conferred with him & he said yes, that was him, The first of 30 or so he wrote for Clymer. He also wrote the manual for the Norton Commando & said that was his favorite of all he worked on there.

Mike wrote a book more recently about how to build a traditional AV-8, among other things.

Yes, I am familiar with How to Build a AV-8. Great book. Bishop, according to the credits, wrote the manual. However, the performance chapter is attributed to Chris Bunch.

Long before my time. I'd love to speak with Mr. Bishop sometime.

Wheels on Bike

Finally got in the shop! My GS hybrid wheels on the bike. 120 rear tire has a bit of a clearance issue though. The offset is spot on. I need about 1 mm to clear the swing arm. It bumps in about 30% of the tire's circumference. The tire is a bit out of round. I'm thinking another tire would do the trick. If not?

Could 'dimple' the driveshaft a bit. An old sidecar trick running auto tire. Or I could shave the tire just a bit. An old autocross trick.

More pics in the album: http://s1180.photobucket.com/albums/x404/jgrooms64/Clymer%20FlatRacer%20BMW%20R100%20Cafe%20Racer%20Build/?start=all

I dumped a bunch of R80 pics in there also. The only part of the fairing that came with the R100 was the clock, voltmeter and panel. I cleaned the gauges up and put them on the R80!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0017.jpg
    IMG_0017.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 214
Nice

Coming together James. We did some updates on our bike as well if you have not seen them. Like I thought you will beat us to the finish line. :whistle

Thanks,
Shnae

4 months later....

I haven't got a darn thing done. Well I did go to the HoAME Rally http://hoame.com/2012-rally/

And the R75 looked pretty.

2012HoAMER75.jpg

???????????????????????????????Manual?????????????????????????????????????

Don't worry. My Clymers manual must have been indoors. Most of my work was done through the winter in Michigan in a very cold garage. It was probably inside the house where I could read it and warm up. It sort of looks like the guy who messed up the garage :)wave) used it as a hand towel between dirty jobs. I kind of like it that way because it's a reminder of everything I've done to my airhead.

HH

Back