• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Need Advise

edparodi

I would like to buy a pair of Mesh pants. Problem----- I am 5ft 8inches tall. I have a large gut. Waist is about 46. Is there a company that can service a large body like mine?

I was surprised that BikeBandit can get the JoeRocket 2.0 riding pants in just about any size you could want. It may take a week longer if not in stock but, ... Prices are not too bad, as well.

I bought a pair of Olympia pants that fit me in the waist, but were too long. I found a tailor that not only shortened them, but he kept the Velcro tabs and zipper perfectly functioning.

You might have the same situation where in order to get the waist to fit, you're going to end up with pants too long. It may cost you an extra 40 bucks or so assuming you can find a good tailor in your area, but you'll end up with a pant that fits you great.

Thanks to all. I am a 72 year old new guy. Lots have changed in 20 years. I will call Cycleport Monday.

Thanks ED

pants

Call newenough.com and talk with them. They might be able to assist. Real knowledgeable people with good prices on gear. :type

Cycleport makes Air Mesh pants and jackets that can zip together if you want the style and protection of a one piece suit. They will also sell their pants separately and will custom build it to fit. They offer great protection being all Kevlar with CE certified armor inserted in key places of the pants and jacket. They are very cool letting in a lot of air yet they offer superb protection.

For cold weather riding you can buy inserts that button and zipper into place. They offer not only warmth but serve as your rain suit as well. However if your basic pants or jacket gets wet, they don't absorb water so they dry off in the wind.

Here's a link to the pants: http://www.motoport.com/_product_106916/Air_Mesh_Kevlar_Pant

need advice

THANKS to all. I ordered a pair of pants from cycleport. They ask for all kinds of size info. They are truly custom made. As was pointed out "abit costly" but this old hide of mine don't heal so good.

Thanks again

ED

THANKS to all. I ordered a pair of pants from cycleport. They ask for all kinds of size info. They are truly custom made. As was pointed out "abit costly" but this old hide of mine don't heal so good.

Thanks again

ED

Need Advise! Brother youve come to the right place!!!!!!!!!:dance

Back