• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Photos: Free Association COMMENTARY

I do not get #4417. Wire fences, corrals etc. My post previous to that is an oil pump which reminds me of an insect (grasshopper). It was in association with the towers which are reminescent of the Venus Flytraps right before them.

I do not get #4417. Wire fences, corrals etc. My post previous to that is an oil pump which reminds me of an insect (grasshopper). It was in association with the towers which are reminescent of the Venus Flytraps right before them.

Wire fence behind the pump... Barbed wire fence...

As I see it anyway...

Wow! That's an amazing story. Thanks for sharing! Do you have the full story on what went on with Piper?

GW

I don't... I'll have to talk to my Uncle and see if he recalls.

I do recall everyone saying it was a big thing at the time.

It was even hoisted up onto the store marquee of Gertz Department Store in Manhattan.

Hey Pffog I thought that photo looked familiar #4727

Apparently we stayed at the same place in Switzerland. Were you on a Beach's tour by any chance?

Here's mine.

759879494_kGFXU-XL.jpg

759879102_gU8eX-XL.jpg

Apparently we stayed at the same place in Switzerland. Were you on a Beach's tour by any chance?

Here's mine.

Well been on a few Beach tours, in '99 we went on a "once in a lifetime" tour and became Alp-aholics, so we went again in 01. The addiction just got worse so we rented bikes from Rob in 2004 when we took our three boys over for two weeks. Would have loved to do the official tour, but they were only 20, 22 and 24 and the wife rode her own for the first time in the Alps, so I needed to slow down the pace some, and $$ for 6 people and 5 bikes would have hurt even more.

That pic was from 2007, when I played assistant van driver/guide for three tours with Rob. As you can see it was a big tour and he wanted a 2nd guide bike rolling,so Al and I shared that "tough" job. :D

Rented from Rob again this summer and wife and I spent 10 days in the Schwartzwald/Alsace region. It is in our plans to try to do the Fall Italian tour with him this coming year.

Crested Butte.

Hi Gwood. I lived in Crested Butte, skied all the runs on the mountain you see and many that are not shown in the photo. A truly beautiful spot, even more so in the summer. Nice photo.
JD

Back