• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motel rooms at rally

1TOMMAC

I just made reservations for 3 nights at the Super 7 Motel in Sedville (thats what Sedalia used to be called), for $41.00 per night thru Travelocity. It is located on South Limit (Hwy 65) about 3 miles from the Fairgrounds. Get em while their hot!;)

Last edited:
I just made reservations for 3 nights at the Super 7 Motel in Sedville (thats what Sedalia used to be called), for $41.00 per night thru Travelocity. It is located on South Limit (Hwy 65) about 3 miles from the Fairgrounds. Get em while there hot!;)
I booked it also, not a lot left that are close to the fairgrounds. I didn't see any pics but hopefully it's clean! Have you stayed there before or seen it?
Thanks for the Heads Up. :beer

Mark

i GOOGLED IT, ONE REVIEW.."NICE CLEAN MOTEL". ALSO PICS SHOW RIDE UP TO ROOM DOOR!

Tom
Funny thing about the pic. I called the motel direct before booking online and ask about first floor rooms and she said they only have one floor. I mentioned the picture and she said they didn't have any online yet.
They also wanted $99 / night vs the $40 plus with travelocity, go figure! Anyway I'm sure it's fine just curious. Hope to see you there, I'll be on my white GS :D
Mark

Looks like all the rooms in Sedalia are gone already. Tried to book today and nothing available. Any ideas?? We need to have these things in larger towns with more room availability.

Jack

Thanks for moving this where it belongs. (admin.)

Called the Super 7 in Sedalia and they said they had rooms but the rate was $99. Got on Travelocity and booked for $41 with confirmation. I am skeptical about this but will give it a try.

No Pool, no Pets, no cigaretts. I will only miss the pool if this thing comes to fruition. Thank you Roger Miller my good friend RIP

Motel is two to three miles from the Fairgrounds in Sedalia. Hell I think I could walk that far. I wander how far it is from the Beer Tent?:drink

Jack

Look south of Sedalia for rooms in Warsaw Area

:thumbI contacted Parkfield Inn in Warsaw. South on 65 about 35 to 40 minutes.
Looks nice and clean with pool. The lady said that plenty of rooms were
available. Its located on the dam access road on the north side of Warsaw.
She said 65 was a converted 4 lane so its easy to get up to Sedalia. She said
it was an easy drive to the state fair grounds from there.
So I'm takin an easy cruise up and back and check out the area around
Lake of the Ozarks.
Safe Ridin.

Comfort Inn Marshall Station

Stayed here last year when traveling through the area. Great hotel. Very clean, pool, hot tub, only about 28 miles from the fairgrounds

Comfort Inn Marshall Station (MO127) 1356 West College Avenue , Marshall, MO, US, 65340

Phone: (660) 886-8080Fax: (660) 886-8042

Last edited:
Rooms?????

Strange the MOA would publish all the hotels/motels after the fact. I have checked and all are full in Sedalia. Use the opening page for something more usefull and up to date.

Jack

???????????????

Just recieved a call from Travelocity today telling me my reservation at the Sedalia Motel 7 for July 18-22 has been cancelled due to over booking. I made these reservations Dec 23, 2011. Was just notified today-one month later even though I had a confirmation number that my reservation had been cancelled by the hotel. Five others are involved whom I do not know. If you had reservations through Travelocity at Sedalia Motel 7 or any other travel agency for $40.50 per night your reservation has been cancelled. Call the hotel direct for a possible blocked room at $99.55 per night and talk to Danny Patel the manager.

I hear two totally different stories from Motel 7 and Travelocity. Motel 7 and travelocity have no contact for three of the six of us.

There are no other rooms in Sedalia available for these dates. This is a heads up. Use it.

Jack

Just recieved a call from Travelocity today telling me my reservation at the Sedalia Motel 7 for July 18-22 has been cancelled due to over booking. I made these reservations Dec 23, 2011. Was just notified today-one month later even though I had a confirmation number that my reservation had been cancelled by the hotel. Five others are involved whom I do not know. If you had reservations through Travelocity at Sedalia Motel 7 or any other travel agency for $40.50 per night your reservation has been cancelled. Call the hotel direct for a possible blocked room at $99.55 per night and talk to Danny Patel the manager.

I hear two totally different stories from Motel 7 and Travelocity. Motel 7 and travelocity have no contact for three of the six of us.

There are no other rooms in Sedalia available for these dates. This is a heads up. Use it.

Jack

I checked with travelocity, my res is still valid??? Gonna sit on this unless I hear different.

rooms

My reservation on travelocity still shows valid also but when I called the super 7 motel direct to check my reservation # I was told it was never booked with a long explanation:dunno

I checked with travelocity, my res is still valid??? Gonna sit on this unless I hear different.

I would recommend you call the hotel to confirm this. Danny Patel, the Motel 7 manager, said Travelocity had six people booked and all six were cancelled. I have contacted two others and both confirmed this. They only have twenty five rooms and no way to contact three of the people. Travelocity does not have thier contact either.

This is a word to the wise. I am not here to alarm but just went through this both with Travelocity and Motel 7 yesterday. I spent nearly two and a half hours on the phone combined yesterday trying to get to the bottom of this. The Motel has been fully booked since August 2011 says the manager.

Jack

Went though the same crap with Travelocity. I give up! Called the Parkview in Warsaw and got a room. Note, This area around Warsaw has some great riding. The trip up hwy 65 is flat and boring slab, but it is quick. :)

Went though the same crap with Travelocity. I give up! Called the Parkview in Warsaw and got a room. Note, This area around Warsaw has some great riding. The trip up hwy 65 is flat and boring slab, but it is quick. :)

I'm going to wait a bit longer to see if there are any cancellations but you probably did the smart thing! Of course I'm first on the waiting list.:laugh
Mark

Back