• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Stampeding every which way

V

vicb

Hello from Calgary.
I wanted to take a few minutes to thank everyone for the time and energy you take to share your rides, pictures, and wealth of experiences. In a few weeks i hope to share a ride of my own.

I am a one year veteran lurker of the MOA and other bulletin boards. I signed up at the 2011 Bike show after 6 months of ownership of a 2010 F800GS anniversary edition. In the first summer, I put on 10,000 km riding down the coastal highway to SF then back thru interior twisties of Oregon. The next summer, another 10,000 including a trip to Skagway, AK and back. Now on Feb 25th, I am about to start the drive down to Yuma with truck and bikes and then venture down the Baja to Cabo.

Not as many miles as others, but more than many weekend riders. I have been loving my new ride going on road trips, and then weekend rides onto the back roads, and green lanes around home with my friend Andy and his crew of off road doers.

I am not one that lives for wrenching and I am not one to spend a lot of time researching the options. I just love to ride. So these amazing trips are mostly thanks to the inspiration and work of my ride partners. So hats off to all of you, like my partners, who have already shared your adventures and who have blazed trails for us newbies.

Muchas Gracias
Victor

Attachments

• IMGP4240.jpg
    IMGP4240.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 122
Nice intro Victor-good write-up, nice picture, and a dash of obscure reference...Calgary Stampede. Welcome Aboard. I'm riding the same bike an so far so good. It sounds like you have a nice trip planned-we could always use a nice ride report. Good luck, ride safe. Gary

I think we met one day at Blackfoot Cycle, I recall the mention of the trip down to California. Might have met you at the show too as I have helped out at the MOA booth for the past few years. :ca

Sounds like you're doing all the trips I wish I had time for with my F800GS. Looking forward to some ride reports here. :clap

Welcome Victor.

Is that F800 lowered or are you just a very tall man? The 800 GS normally looks very tall to me and yours looks much lower; could be the angle I suppose.

Welcome Victor.

Is that F800 lowered or are you just a very tall man? The 800 GS normally looks very tall to me and yours looks much lower; could be the angle I suppose.

Regular seat, regular suspension. Although seat is red color. Not sure if seat is lower than other edition of bikes. I am 6ft, 34" pant seam. I am easily flat footed at a stop, but I still find myself catching the bike from falling, when the ground is a uneven. When it is parked next to other bikes, yes it is usually the tallest.

Nice intro Victor-good write-up, nice picture, and a dash of obscure reference...Calgary Stampede.

Thanks Gary, glad you caught the reference!:clap:clap and not local to the region!
Key thing to a ride report, I am told, is remembering to take the pictures with the people in it!
So with my riding partner / main man / cunado / brother-in-law, Doug, we will be combining forces to get you the story. He has the Spanish, so he is also supposed to keep me out of trouble.

Hello and welcome Victor, this is a great place to hang out. Best wishes on you ride and would be great to hear about it - don't forget a few pictures. :)

Back