• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Questions on FM login and display

gtrider

Hello, and thank you to all the volunteers and staff that have been working on the website and getting things back in operation. I went through the happy dance and got my password working once again, but if I login at the home page or the forum page and then jump to the FM page I am asked to once again login. Not a big problem, but definitely an annoyance. Is this working as designed or do I have a problem with my browser or ?? It would be nice if transitions from one section of the site to another were seamless, as far as login info.

Also, while I appreciate having my personal info available on the FM page--for monitoring ads I may have placed, and so on-- that information sure takes up a lot of room at the top of the page. If that info were pushed into a sidebar, along with the FM section headings, it would allow the latest ads to be immediately visible instead of having to scroll around to view them (I'm usually working on a small-screen laptop). Anyway, just a suggestion.

Thanks again for all the work that's gone into the new site, when all the bits are shined up and working as planned I'm sure it will be great!

Best,

GTRider

GTRider -

The login situation is certainly not as planned and is being worked by the office staff.

As for the restructuring of the FM ads, I'll bring this up to the staff for consideration. Thanks...

repeated log-ins

Everytime I want to reply to something I have to log in again even though I check " remember me". Whats up? Do I need to change my password back from my membership number. (at least now I know my membership number)

Jack

Jack -

For the last day or so, whenever I return to the MOA homepage or Flea Market, I'm remembered. I think they may have fixed it. Is it still not working for you?

Everytime I want to reply to something I have to log in again even though I check " remember me". Whats up? Do I need to change my password back from my membership number. (at least now I know my membership number)

Jack
Hi Jack, I can recommend a complete clean-out of your history, temporary internet files and cookies----then login with your info.
If anyone is using their membership number for a password, I can recommend changing that also. A lot of members numbers have their membership numbers floating around such as sig lines and articles in the ON magazine.

OM

Last edited:
Possibly what Gary says needs to be done, but I didn't do anything...I logged in sometime yesterday, turned my machine off overnight, and today I find myself still logged in. I'll have to check with the office next week...works for me!!

This probably has no bearing, but one thing I've done in the past few days is go to the FM and login using my smartphone. Not sure if doing that has let the software recognize my username on other devices. I don't think that's the reason...I think it comes down to the IP address of the device... Just a thought...

Possibly what Gary says needs to be done, but I didn't do anything....

Clearing the history, internet files and cookies does not help.
Not a big deal, as I rarely visit the home page and it seems like I can see everything on the FM without logging in. Looks like I only need to login if I want to contact the seller.
BTW, when the FM first came up there was a button that let me use regular email to contact a seller. This is no longer a option for me.
I prefer the regular email option, as I'll have a copy of the sent email in my sent folder.

On some of the listings, there is an email address...you could cut-n-paste that into your email program and send it that way. What about using the "Email A Friend" button...click that and put in the individual's email address, if given. Or, find the member's name under the Community button and see if they list an email address for contact. :dunno

Agreed, not as simple as having the handy button...I never noticed the feature before.

On some of the listings, there is an email address...you could cut-n-paste that into your email program and send it that way.

I'm not seeing email addresses in the ads, but it's possible that vey few people are showing an email address.

I'm not seeing email addresses in the ads, but it's possible that vey few people are showing an email address.

I think you're right there...of the 10 that I can see on the first page right now, only one has an email address and that is because that is his username! And since entering an email address is not a requirement on an ad, contacting someone is limited via email.

Kurt
Today my password was remembered in the FM and MOA home page. I'll let you know if this changes.

Back