• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What's in *your* tankbag?

kbasa

Please, no discussion of Glocks vs. Colts.

I like to bring:

69573-Medium.jpg

:brow

Oh my.

It looks like you have some Ibuprophen, gum dat don't stick to da teeth and for dinner granola and gin. Also looks like some tuck's medicated pads for the next day. :D

Me, I have my favorite sheild rag, some of the nifty honda spray polish (for da shield) a mini mag light and whatever crap I took / got at my last rally. I also like to carry a little sunscreen, some carmex a coupla maps and if not in the tail section my 'MOA anonymous book.

I carry my Sony DSC-S85 digital camera in my Marsee 20L Magnetic tankbag as well as my reading glasses, my cell phone (which apparently I lost yesterday:eek ), a cover for the tankbag in case of a deluge, ciggies, my wallet and, yes, occasionally a Glock. :D

Rob Nye said:
Oh my.

It looks like you have some Ibuprophen, gum dat don't stick to da teeth and for dinner granola and gin. Also looks like some tuck's medicated pads for the next day. :D

They're Oxypads, smart guy.

Not my tankbag, actually, but a good reflection of what I consider important. Add the following to the list:

• toothpicks
  • cocktail shaker
  • martini glass - I'm not a heathen, ya know...
  • spare batteries
  • maps
  • Anonymous book
  • Digital camera
  • Comfort Inn Guidebook
  • KOA guide
  • Maglight
  • Sunblock
  • Tinted faceshield
  • Faceshield spooge
  • Tums

:brow

Well, girls like different things in the tank bag:

• Lip stick
  • Sunscreen
  • Prescription sunglasses
  • Feminine products - 3 types only a girl knows which
  • Eye drops
  • Picture of my cats
  • Tinted shield (or clear all summer)
  • Hand Sanitizer (for those trips to the porta potty)
  • Tissues (for those trips to the woods)
  • Tylenol
  • Sudafed
  • Swiss Army Knife (with tweezers)
  • First Aid Kit

MAN PURSE (grumbled loudly)

Tank bag... Yikes.. It is, like I mentioned, my MAN PURSE!! I'm glad I'm not a woman because I'm sure I'd need back surgery to carry around all the crap I carry in my tank bag when travelling.

Rain boots
Rain pants
Down Sleeping bag (it really compresses small)
Small can of WD-40
Side stand disk for soft dirt
Adapter to go from BMW outlet to Cigarette outlet
Air mattress blower
Camera
Various change and a few dollar bills
Compact flashlights (2)
Lighters (2)
Matches (several)
Aerostich Wind Triangle
Lots O' Maps
Spare gloves
Sunglasses
Clear glasses for night
Leatherman tool
Compass
GPS (Magellan Sportrak Pro) in Map pocket
Glasses screwdriver kit
Small can of bug repellant
Pens (2)
AM/FM Cassette player and earbuds..

Some stuff gets moved around, depending on trips, but most of this stuff in in there 24-7-365... Like I said, I'm glad I have a bike to haul it for me...
:bliss

My Tankbag?

It may be valid to ask, "what do you have in your tankbag that you never use?"

I can never find a pen or anything to write on. However, I have about six little notepads and seven pens in there somewhere.

An allen wrench for my aftermarket mirrors. A 10mm wrench. Combo phillips/flat screwdriver. Usually when I need these, I take off the seat and use those in the tool kit.

A little cable lock for my helmet. Two little padlocks. Too paranoid to leave 'em at home. Too much hassle to use 'em.

Maps. Ripped, creased, Iowa, stained between recognition. Can't throw them away. Four year's worth of registrations. Five insurance cards.

An extra key (somewhere). About $386.21 in change. Old gum and hard candy I wouldn't feed to Celine Dion.

Lots of Velcro. One side only. Dried up Super Glue. A cover for an alternator belt showing the Napa part number.

Wires:

Cell Phone charger, Headphone , Heattroller, extra male power plug end, Boosteroo, more, what a mess!

A baggie of extra fastners, including extra tire patches from 1994.
Old vitamins and pain meds I think I got from Celine DEion.

Two extra pair of glasses, old perscriptions, one clear and scratched, one dark and dangerous.

Batteries of all sizes, not categorized as new or used.

Oh, My God. I am not a Beemer Guy!

Attachments

• 20140528_122902.jpg
    20140528_122902.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Re: My Tankbag?

magwa said:
It may be valid to ask, "what do you have in your tankbag that you never use?"

I can never find a pen or anything to write on. However, I have about six little notepads and seven pens in there somewhere.

*snippage*

Oh, My God. I am not a Beemer Guy!

Hoooh yes you are.

What did you do with that tractor battery you had in your tankbag when I met you in Death Valley?

:evil

Extra Electrics

That damn thing has outlasted three Westcos. It sits on my workbench as a glorified tester of misc. broken electrons.

Like the fur in the bottom of my Marsee, I figure it has some worth.

Butt keep in mind, if you're out on the road and can't find a 12V that fits in the box, all you really need is a Kawasaki dealer and some heavy gauge wire.

Attachments

• headshots.jpg
    headshots.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 1,896
It doesn't pack down very well, but it gets the job done. :jose

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 1,788
On the road for camping? Easy, 1qt coffee press, coffee, baggy full of cream and sugar packets, coffee mug/ boozing glass, small compressor, tire repair kit (just added new patches and glue), the digital camera till I broke it last week, 2 platy bags, 1 full of bourbun, the other gin, pair of merrill shoes, a heattroller, sunglasses, sunscrean, maybe some maps, Garmin, power adapters for everything, MP3 player, spare earplugs, pistol, a pound and a half of loose change, martini shaker, stainless martini glass. Still leaves me enough room to be able to stop at a local store near the campground to add a bag of ice and a 6 pack when I expand it to the full 45 liter capacity

Stuffed bag

*spare bulbs and fuses
*first aid kit
*maps - including Cracker Barrel locator map
*paper and pen
*epi stick
*mag light with the head condom
*raincover, vulcan gloves, and ziplock bag for V1 raincover
*cell phone and charger
*prescription meds and those feminine things Tina mentioned
*toilet paper
*prescription glasses - three pairs - the riding ones with transition lenses, the cool dark ones, and the regular everyday clear ones
*wallet
*OFF lotion that is sunscreen as well
*shield spooge
*tire plug kit
*velcro
*duct tape
*electrical tape
*safety scissors
*zip ties
*camera
*leatherman
*tools, tools, and more tools

My man carries the martini rations :D

Attachments

• IMG-20160428-WA0025.jpg
    IMG-20160428-WA0025.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 6
Where do you guys find the stainless martini glasses?

I would love to find a stainless steel set up that includes the shaker, strainer and glass and have it all fit together for storage.

It would make a great gift for some of my 'tini drinking buddies. Hell with that set up I may switch from rum.

Attachments

• 2016-07-26 - 2016 BMW R1200 GS Adventure - 2.jpg
    2016-07-26 - 2016 BMW R1200 GS Adventure - 2.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 12
After I got new Krauser K5 bags on the bike, I stopped with a tank bag. But, Fish's use does give me an idea to put it back on - for overnight trips only.:bliss

Ugh, I just *got* my tankbag, so it's a born-again virgin, since I bought it used. :D

prescription sunglasses
case for clip-ons
rain cover for the bag
pen
spiral notebook
my county sticker that I, uh, haven't put on
state inspection receipt
leatherman
digital camera
ComSystem cord for FRS radio
extra earplugs
sunscreen
kleenex
gotta replace the tums, ate at Wendy's Sunday

That's the unexpanded-bag list from yesterday, and there's room for bunches more. Dunno what all I'll stuff in there when I unzip it.

Tankbag?

Sorry Whats that:dunno

Now in my tank panniers when I use itthe rest is stored in the saddlebags

gloves
pencil gage
glasses
maps
water bottle

I Don't Need No Steenkin' Tank Bag

Besides, it would ruin the clean lines of the RS. I prefer a nice, large, GIVI bag which never gets in my way and holds 46 litres of stuff.

Attachments

• r1100rs new shoes.jpg
    r1100rs new shoes.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 776
moterbiker said:
http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=181747

There is the glasses, they also have the little vermouth sprayer, which I carry wrapped in a paper towel inside the shaker, I use a small (1 drink at a time size) shaker to save some space.

I've got a big ol' antique shaker I bought at an antique store in Auburn, CA last year. We got to the 49er and realized I had all the booze, but forgot my nifty new little shaker. It'll make a big shaker of three or four martinis and it looks real cool too. It seems to work. fish came by and took this picture as we were giving it a test drive.

8963-Medium.jpg

Back