• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Event: Marshmallow Butt 235

El Dookey loves to ride.
Fellow Beemer Lovers,

I enjoyed reading all the posts on the Iron Butt. Wow - cannot imagine it. Someday would love to try something like that. In the meantime I have an idea for those of us who do not have the time and money to be in the Iron Butt. It does not require massive time from work, a big budget, GPS, endless hours on the road, or even an Iron Butt.

I give you: The Marshmallow Butt 235.

RULES:

1. This is a one day event.
2. Minimum 235 mile trip with a maximum of 300 miles (or the equivalent in kilometers).
3. No more than $30-35.
4. Pick a destination that will be less than 300 miles round trip.
a. Must be somewhere you have never been.
5. Mix familiar roads with at least 50% of roads you have never driven on.
6. Make a minimum of three stops in places you have never stopped. One stop must involved laying on your back and sucking in the goodness of nature for at least 12 minutes.
7. Be courteous to every local you encounter - wave at all motorcycles.

BONUS POINTS:
1. Getting briefly lost: 235 points
2. Taking a road that you didn't plan on: 235 points
2a. Taking a wrong turn on purpose: 470 points
3. Lowering your blood pressure: 235 points
4. One point will be awarded for each bug collected on your motorcycle, helmet, jacket or person. Collect the bugs and mail them into BMW NA (or not).
5. Enjoy your motorcycle, your locale, and yourself.

Cliffy777 said:
Fellow Beemer Lovers,

I enjoyed reading all the posts on the Iron Butt. Wow - cannot imagine it. Someday would love to try something like that. In the meantime I have an idea for those of us who do not have the time and money to be in the Iron Butt. It does not require massive time from work, a big budget, GPS, endless hours on the road, or even an Iron Butt.

I give you: The Marshmallow Butt 235.
:clap

brilliance. pure brilliance.:)

It can't be good if Dave and I are the first two to reply...There be monsters over that thar horizon. Ye have been warned.

hmm...where's that caffeine...

Three more rules?

1) Must visit local dining establishments, not chains.
2) If a child is selling lemonade by the side of the road, must purchase.
3) Must bring back a souvenir for the SO left at home.

I am in though. Already have the first run planned. I have always wanted to go to Climax, MI.:cool:

I think this week is a good week for that ride.

Excellent additions Brad

I forgot to post the most important rule which is of course rule number seven: "There is no rule number seven."

Rule 8: All rules are subject to change and mods - especially positive ones.

I hope your visit to Climax doesn't let you down......

Re: Three more rules?

I am in though. Already have the first run planned. I have always wanted to go to Climax, MI.:cool:

First you have to go to Hell then Colon to get to Climax.

For those unfamiliar to Michigan, those are real towns.
Look it up on your Michigan maps. :)

Mini Marshmallow 170 - To Climax Colon

Did the first ride today, while not an official Marshmallow 235 it is a proof of concept. It only came out to 170miles, took four hours, cost about $20. Oh yeah, it was on my wife's F650GSL I am trying to get to 600 miles before she finishes the MSF course.

So let me go down the list...

1. This is a one day event.
Yup
2. Minimum 235 mile trip with a maximum of 300 miles (or the equivalent in kilometers).
Missed that
3. No more than $30-35.
Yup
4. Pick a destination that will be less than 300 miles round trip.
Yup
a. Must be somewhere you have never been.
Yup
5. Mix familiar roads with at least 50% of roads you have never driven on.
Yup
6. Make a minimum of three stops in places you have never stopped. One stop must involved laying on your back and sucking in the goodness of nature for at least 12 minutes.
Yup
7. Be courteous to every local you encounter - wave at all motorcycles.
Yup

BONUS POINTS:
1. Getting briefly lost: 235 points
Yup
2. Taking a road that you didn't plan on: 235 points
Yup
2a. Taking a wrong turn on purpose: 470 points
Yup
3. Lowering your blood pressure: 235 points
Yup
4. One point will be awarded for each bug collected on your motorcycle, helmet, jacket or person. Collect the bugs and mail them into BMW NA (or not).
Nope had to clean them off after the big one hit dead center, I could not see
5. Enjoy your motorcycle, your locale, and yourself.
Yup

Other Rules:
1) Must visit local dining establishments, not chains.
T&J General Store
2) If a child is selling lemonade by the side of the road, must purchase.
Sort of, adult selling fruit. Purchased and ate on side of road.
3) Must bring back a souvenir for the SO left at home.
Yup.

And for those of you that don't believe that there is a Climax or a Colon....:brow
welcomeclimax.jpg

climaxpo.jpg

colon.jpg

Last edited:
Doggone good to have the forum back up and running.
The marshmallow 235 sounds like my cuppa tea/joe/mug a beer.

I,like Kbasa,am IN.:bliss :bliss :bliss

Okay, I am in.

But I want it to be mini marshmellow butt for girls, so I can pretend that I have a smaller butt than I have:D

Mrs K,did you say Marshmellow?You really could be a lot of fun on a short trip with that attitude.

As far as the size of your butt goes,I am going to leave that strictly in the hands of Mr.Kbasa.:D

Ye-hah for Brad

Brad - congratulations. You completed a mini-marshmallow which is of course allowed because of Rule number 8. The fact that you explored the Colon of Michigan entitles you to some heretofore unmentioned (and unmentionable) bonus points.

Brad, as soon as the federal/state/county/city funding that I have requested comes through you will be seeing a marshmallow butt hat, t-shirt, fanny pak, and lucky-secret-decoder ring that you can wear with pride.

Johnny, tell Brad what else he has won.......Johnny.... Johnny...were the heck is the prize dept??

Now that I marshmallowed last week-end, I am going for the highly coveted DMM (Double Marshmallow) this week-end. My nephew and I are riding up to watch a good friend get married. I will award myself bonus points if I catch the bouquet.

Marshmallow Roast

So theororetically Cliffy777 and I could go for a Marshmallow Roast/Smores Sandwich by meeting somewhere we have never been before and eating at a non-chain restaurant...

Then I can get my hat and other swag :brow

-=Brad

Hey Cliffy,

Nice letter in ON this month.

If you think about it, the Iron Butt guys give you an IBA certification. You can give people an MBA!

dave

Back