Fellow Beemer Lovers,
I enjoyed reading all the posts on the Iron Butt. Wow - cannot imagine it. Someday would love to try something like that. In the meantime I have an idea for those of us who do not have the time and money to be in the Iron Butt. It does not require massive time from work, a big budget, GPS, endless hours on the road, or even an Iron Butt.
I give you: The Marshmallow Butt 235.
1. This is a one day event.
2. Minimum 235 mile trip with a maximum of 300 miles (or the equivalent in kilometers).
3. No more than $30-35.
4. Pick a destination that will be less than 300 miles round trip.
a. Must be somewhere you have never been.
5. Mix familiar roads with at least 50% of roads you have never driven on.
6. Make a minimum of three stops in places you have never stopped. One stop must involved laying on your back and sucking in the goodness of nature for at least 12 minutes.
7. Be courteous to every local you encounter - wave at all motorcycles.
1. Getting briefly lost: 235 points
2. Taking a road that you didn't plan on: 235 points
2a. Taking a wrong turn on purpose: 470 points
3. Lowering your blood pressure: 235 points
4. One point will be awarded for each bug collected on your motorcycle, helmet, jacket or person. Collect the bugs and mail them into BMW NA (or not).
5. Enjoy your motorcycle, your locale, and yourself.