• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post A Picture of Your Thumper

The newest member of the stable.

Just took delivery of the 2005 Dakar yesterday. Gonna give her a physical this weekend, get registered and head out for the country. IT's like Christmas in July!!

Attachments

• DSCN2313.jpg
    DSCN2313.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 307
BNB1.jpg

My G-bike, "Bill the Cat"

"Thbbft!"

I loved Bill the Cat! I hope your bike doesn't make the same noises Bill did. Your bike looks great! How do you like the tail bag? We almost bought one, but it was online, and I wasn't sure if I would like it. :thumb

2006 f650gs

/home/runsonwater/Downloads/bbnp june 2012 014.JPG

On the way back from Santa Elena Canyon and Castolon in Big Bend National Park Texas

"Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Attachments

• bbnp june 2012 014.JPG
    bbnp june 2012 014.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:
Our 2 2012 G650GSs that we purchased July 27th. Mine has over 2000 miles on it and my wife's has 1600 miles. Hope to take a short trip on them soon.

Attachments

• G650GS 001.jpg
    G650GS 001.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 385
i-kw8227j-XL.jpg

Just after a 4400 mile trip. Did a Saddlesore 1000, an MOA Rally, a few Colorado mountain passes/Jeep trails, a vacation with the family in Taos, and a Bun Burner 1500 on the way home. What a trip.

Looks like the grass needs to be cut...

1997 bmw f650st

Wife's new bike. Build date on the bike is the monday after we were married. June 9th, 1997!

Attachments

• IMG_0666.jpg
    IMG_0666.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 321
1997 Rescue bike. She was owned by someone who did not believe in covering her, or putting her in the garage. She needed a ton of cleaning, and still could use some more. Runs like a champ though....
2012-09-19_17-09-41_754_zpseefc4ed5.jpg

97 f650

Yeah, it can be a good bike. Use mine for commuting. I do not think I have ever seen the full size BMW bags on one before.

Yeah, it can be a good bike. Use mine for commuting. I do not think I have ever seen the full size BMW bags on one before.

Come to think of it, I don't think I have either. This is the first one. It is nice to have the storage, but you can definately feel the bags there at higher speeds. I use this bike for commuting, so most times the bags are not on.
I have since added a "top case". I had a decent sized pelican case laying around I never used. I drilled four holes in the pelican, and used four bolts, lock washers, and unistrut nuts, and bolted the case to the factory rear rack. Seeing that I acquired all the parts at no cost, it is the most economical hard luggage I have ever had as well.

Technically, not our Tumper...but!

I'll let the picture tell the story...Costa Rica for 1300 miles, the Arenal Volcano June 2012 on a non-thumper, that's us in the rear, still a 650 though!:dance

In-La-Fortuna-and-the-Arenal-Volcano.jpg

Back