• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post A Picture of Your Thumper

Cadillac Ranch - Amarillo

A shot on my way from Cincinnati to Santa Fe - The infamous Cadillac Ranch just west of Amarillo!

attachment.php

This is at the vetrans memorial cemetary in Igo California near hwy 36.
I have a remus sportexhust on it. It thumps great. Not sure why the flag was at 1/2 mast
DSCN0514

Deal's Gap

Ridding the Tail of the Dragon on my '97 ST.

Attachments

• 10535-1.JPG
    10535-1.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 1,393
2003 F650gs

No action shots yet as I haven't even ridden it yet. Need to get the registration on it (and some warm weather would help). Looking forward to getting out on it. I also have a list of stuff to add on.

2003-F650GS.jpg

Ed very nice, it looks to clean, need to get some mud or something splashed on it.

When did you pick that up?

Doc

SFDOC said:
Ed very nice, it looks to clean, need to get some mud or something splashed on it.

When did you pick that up?

Doc

I just got it on Friday, I found it on the IBMWR site. The previous owner generously trailered it 700 Kms to me, arriving late Friday evening. Needless to say it ended up being a very late night since I just couldn't make myself come in from the garage untill I'd read the entire manual and tinkered with everything :clap (while enjoying a few celebartory scotches :bottle )

It is very clean, I would like to get out and get it dirty, but unfortunately don't have it registered yet. Now the forecast says its going to drop to -20C over the next few days and stay that way. Dang! :mad

I've all ready got a Dakar tall seat coming and a manual on CD-ROM. I'm researching saddlebags, so far I'm leaning towards the Caribou bags, maybe even in yellow to match the bike.

MCMXCIVRS said:
No action shots yet as I haven't even ridden it yet. Need to get the registration on it (and some warm weather would help). Looking forward to getting out on it. I also have a list of stuff to add on.

C'mon it is a dual sport, take it out in the snow, become a
Rounder

My 2007, 15 minutes after buying her. A week later, she looks much different.
Pb181082small.jpg

The deflectors are from Triumph. Most Triumph dealers carry them in short and tall versions. I have the tall version fitted. It took a little dremel action to make them fit. The bags are Hepco & Becker in 30 l. size. A 40 l. is made but I like the looks of the smaller ones and with larger bags, I tend to fill them up.

Different fork guards are discussed in the F650.com FAQs. Beside the Triumph ones, Touratech has a set specifically for an F650:

34012099-S.jpg

Cheers, Greg

This is my first post on this forum and I thought it would be a good idea to start by sharing a few pictures of my current motorcycle journey and my baby a 2005 Dakar. In the next few days, weeks and months IÔÇÖll be posting more about me and my adventures.

Preparing for the big trip - if you look closely I took down a tree :banghead

62802944-M.jpg

border crossing mexico/Guatemala :deal
99221532-M.jpg

Uyuni, Bolivia
115362273-M.jpg

The end of the world :dance
118649448-M.jpg

Now im planning my return to the US across Uruguay, Paraguay, Brazil, Venezuela..

Happy New Years!!! :clap

Back