Thread: Recomendations for Fog Lights on a 2012 G650GS?

Recomendations for Fog Lights on a 2012 G650GS?

My wife rides a 2012 G650GS and from the front it only has the single headlight config. I would like to get some LED Fog Lights on the front of this bike so that she is more noticeable on the road. I am 100% sure that it has helped me be more noticeable to oncoming traffic, besides being safer when out at night. My bikes came with kits - her bike is previously owned and did not. We're hours from a BMW Dealership and I'd like to do something on my own if possible. I've spent a few hours googling solutions and by the end of it I'm no closer to a decision than when I started. What do you have that works + easy to install? Take care & Thanks - B

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    Put a set of Rigid D2's on my wife's 650, for mounting I bought a piece of aluminum angle, and a couple of U bolts to attach it to the frame. Increases conspicuousness 5-10 fold in my opinion. High quality American made lights.

http://www.amazon.com/Rigid-Industri...words=rigid+d2
    2010 F800GS Full Ohlins package, '04 R1100S Replika
    '01 F650GS Wife's bike
    Maritime Alps and Vosges 2012
    Tuscany and Central Italy 2010

Check out this site: http://stores.advmonster.com/led-lights/

There's a good deal on the Model 30's right now, $40 each. If you're looking for conspicuity lighting, you can't go wrong. We've put them on 3 of our bikes over the past few years and they've worked great.

I put a set of Rigid spots on my R100GS with the yellow fog covers.
    Very effective and very noticeable.

The lens comes off in seconds.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ambassador BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    President Niagara BMW Riders #298
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS (just getting started)

ADVMonster LED lights

Quote Originally Posted by clowry View Post
    Check out this site: http://stores.advmonster.com/led-lights/

There's a good deal on the Model 30's right now, $40 each. If you're looking for conspicuity lighting, you can't go wrong. We've put them on 3 of our bikes over the past few years and they've worked great.
    +1 on ADVMonster. Just put a model 30 (spot) and a model 40 (flood) on my R1200GS, running both through the ADVMonster dimmer. Seems to work well - visibility while on low and nice nighttime illumination when on high. I'd still like to have a low and high separate from the bikes low and high.

These lights seem good quality and a great value in comparison to others that are hundreds more. Time will tell - I've only ridden with them for a couple days and a few hundred miles.
    a little better, every day