Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Blue Ridge Parkway

Thumbs down blued ridge info

I just moved bact to Vermont after 3.5 years in Hendersonville, NC. the firs two years i spent a lot of time on the BRP, but got sick of dodging travel trailers. When you enter a corner it is best to stay as far to the right as you can. Also, last year the rangers started clamping down on speeders

Talking BRP ride

Do the southern portion if at all possible. From Cherokee to Linville Falls is the twistersÔÇÖ. I live in Memphis and normally stay the night in Athen, TN and the next morning do the Cherhola Skyway west to east, then Deals Gap east to west, then take the Foothills Parkway on the west side of the National Park and then back over the mountains to Cherokee and the beginning of the BRP. I can only make it to Ashville, NC from Athen, TN in one day doing it that way. The next day I make it to Roanoke, VA and then the next day to Front Royal via the BRP and Skyline Drive.
    Weather can really slow you down, particularly the fog.
    Ride Safe,
    Robert Rehkopf

Airhead GS convert...
    Koop wrote:
    "You can ride the BRP in one day but you will not enjoy doing it that way. You do want to ride both of the ends however and the middle is pretty cool too. I am not sure if the detour up close to Mt Mitchel is open or not yet."

It wasn't open 2 weeks ago when I was there.