• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Big Bend Country

Thanks for memories, Voni

My daughter and I on my R1100GS did this same trip on the way to Fredricksburg Rally years ago. I remember the Park Ranger telling us the Park was the least visited one in the USA. Way south! I guess many never take the plunge into the Rio Grande area and are truely missing some good stuff,huh! We were there in July(rally month) and the heat was there alright(over 100), but storm came along while there and temp. dropped big time to 80's. We enjoyed the area and more Beemerphiles should get this one done...If one remembers this particular year, the Texas Hill Country was nearly flooded out. The grasses were very green in West Texas, too and this ride to the "Big Bend" country was spectacular ride. Thanx again for the pics and memories. Randy moa13233. PS;my daughter was about 14 years old that year and won't forget the memories either, I'm sure.

Welcome to Texas, Paul, Voni and Sarge! :clap

What a great winter report. Gives me a goal for retirement, when that day comes, many years from now. Yes, I'm a tad jealous :lol

Here's another web forum for you to check out if you haven't already: www.twtex.com

Voni said:
We're loaded up like the Beverly Hillbillies to head for our new home in Big Bend Country. Winter there. Summers we'll travel the world.

http://www.mindspring.com/~paul.glaves/adobe.htm

Out the door now.

Voni
sMiling

Wow. That's an interesting move. The house looks really nice, all the stone work, etc.
What a great place for Ham Radio antennas. I know what I would do with that windmill tower. Build a couple more, taller.
I kept thinking you would find Burt Monroe's cot inside the shed.
Good luck on your winter quarters.

BradfordBenn said:
Coolio. So when is the house warming party? :heart :kiss

In the fall.

We're back in Kansas now planning for my son's wedding. And finishing our 49 state ride. And . . .

nospamsatx said:
Congratulations! I remember seeing that place on the way back from our off road adventure!

We'll have to drop in and say "hi" sometime!

PS, has anyone mention the tarantula migration that takes place around October? The road looks like it's flowing, with all the little fuzzies headed in one direction. :D

Hope you do. :wave

Tarantulas? Um. No. I've just been stressing about the snakes and the lizards and the scorpions . . .

Thanks ; (

Voni
sMiling
:dance

Polarbear said:
My daughter and I on my R1100GS did this same trip on the way to Fredricksburg Rally years ago. I remember the Park Ranger telling us the Park was the least visited one in the USA. Way south! I guess many never take the plunge into the Rio Grande area and are truely missing some good stuff,huh! We were there in July(rally month) and the heat was there alright(over 100), but storm came along while there and temp. dropped big time to 80's. We enjoyed the area and more Beemerphiles should get this one done...If one remembers this particular year, the Texas Hill Country was nearly flooded out. The grasses were very green in West Texas, too and this ride to the "Big Bend" country was spectacular ride. Thanx again for the pics and memories. Randy moa13233. PS;my daughter was about 14 years old that year and won't forget the memories either, I'm sure.

Amazing country! Saturday night - our first night in the adobe - we had thunderstorms and then a huge rainbow - ending at our neighbor's TEXAS flag. What a welcome!

swaanimal said:
Welcome to Texas, Paul, Voni and Sarge! :clap

What a great winter report. Gives me a goal for retirement, when that day comes, many years from now. Yes, I'm a tad jealous :lol

Here's another web forum for you to check out if you haven't already: www.twtex.com

Thanks!!
:wow

I'm blown away by the fun of retirement. Sure glad I did it early. Sure don't miss work. Well, maybe some of the kids, but not the work.

Thanks for the forum. I will check it out. When I get caught up again . . .

cjack said:
Wow. That's an interesting move. The house looks really nice, all the stone work, etc.
What a great place for Ham Radio antennas. I know what I would do with that windmill tower. Build a couple more, taller.
I kept thinking you would find Burt Monroe's cot inside the shed.
Good luck on your winter quarters.

It is even more amazing than I'd remembered. LOTS of work to do but fun too!

Love the windmill. Not into ham radio. Yet.

The only radio station we get is the brand new Marfa Public Radio. Sweet.

Burt would sure be welcome here. And the road out front would be great for time trials . . .
:wow

Last edited:
Back